Gracie asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

Weather in Boston?

I am going to Boston the last weekend of April. I need to know what kinds of things I need to pack or what the weather will be like.

Favorite Answer

it's usually in the 50's and rainy . we've been getting alot of wind lately too . i would pack an umbrella and raincoat just in case . i would also pack shirts with long sleeves and long pants . bring comfortable walking shoes in case you decide you'd like to explore Boston. have fun on your trip. :)

Source(s): i live in boston *

Haha. You never know! Pack everything! We are notorious for indecisive weather. I'll be wearing nothing but a T-shirt one day and be back in a winter coat the next, especially in the Spring. I'd bring some short sleeve shirts and some long sleeve shirts as well as a sweatshirt or two and at least one jacket. Prepare for rain, too, because it tends to rain quite a bit in April. You'll probably be fine with just pants I wouldn't worry about needing shorts or sandals or anything yet, it could get warm enough for that but I highly doubt it will get hot enough that those things will be a necessity. Anyway, just be prepared.

And the saying is "If you don't like the weather in New England, wait a minute." However, you get the point.

Weather in Boston is a crapshoot. It snowed once in May a couple years ago. That, of course, is unusual... typical weather in April is in the 50s or 60s. It's going to be that annoying kind of weather where the mornings are cold (maybe even the 40s) but then by the afternoon it heats up a lot to the 60s. So bring light layers. And rain gear... it tends to rain a lot in April.

Depending on your personal preference, I'd bring LIGHT pants or capris and some shorts.

Haha, the weather in Boston is a bit tempramental. It rains a lot in April. The temperatures could range from 15F to 80F. We've gotten snow in May. Check the weather report the week before you go.

How much can you pack> Definitely bring a jacket. If you can bring a lightweight rain coat thing and a fleece or something. Long pants, lightweight shirts, and a sweatshirt will probably be just fine.

You never know what the weather will be like here! So pack warm clothes, sweatshirts and you can also pack light close. Probbly the hottest it will get is about 70(if your lucky) and coldest would be around 40's. but u never know deffinatly an umbrella is a great idea too. it rains alot up here.

• Hank

Wintersk. is the best of the answers before mine, except that it is not at all so continually rainy (although there is on occasion rainy days or even stretches of 2-3 days). What you should know is that it can be both warm and cold the same day. From mid-April until early June is Boston's "San Francisco" period when winds can come off the still icy Atlantic and chill you to the bone, sometimes after a wonderfully warm morning. So bring a coat for that, just in case.

Hmm... I would bring a sweat shirt or two and a long sleeve shirt. I would also bring some t-shirts and a rain coat.

It is hard to give you a good answer about the weather it is fickle here. One year it rained every weekend for 22 straight weeks! Also giving you a temperature will be hard!

If you bring a little of this and a little of that you should be good. You can recycle your clothes and you can buy a few T-shirts here if you dont bring enough! Leave some room in your suitcase! :)

• Mark

Like they say around here, "If you don't like the weather wait an hour."

Spring should be well on the way 45-65, cooler nights, rain more often than not...

two years ago I missed Mothers Day because of flooding... early May yes, but April was wet... not so much last year.

It can be cold - 40 - 50.* Or, it may be 70*! It rains a lot, too.

So, cool weather clothes & an umbrella.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

all i can say is....the weather is very unpredictable. it'll rain one day and be warm and sunny the next. pack a variety of things