Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Animal testing companies?

Im soing a school project against animal testing, raising money for my animal shelter (the cages are filled) and against dog fighting.

Anyways, do you know any other companies than:

Herbal Essenes

Dove

and Secret

that test on animals. Any links or names would be helpful!

o ya, forgot about Iams and Hartz, sorry i was thinking more on human products, thanks Vet Tech

Mellissa, read the question please

Favorite Answer

Anything by Procter&Gamble.... pringles, tide, charmin toilet paper, sunny delight. All those products dont seem "harmful" but the company P&G tests products on animals (vivisection) so boycott a company rather then a product of the company. So say NO to things like frebreeze, crest toothpaste, pantene and swiffer sweepers!!

Just a quick look at the box tells you if its a P&G product....

check out http://www.caringconsumer.com/

Theres a whole other group of people who are against the labs these animals are tested in, they are direct action warriors taking animal liberation into their own hands!

www.animalliberationfront.com.

.

.

.

Medications that are tested on animals are ONLY tested on animals because the Institutions that do the testing would no long receive moneys from the "sources" and so those companys would no longer have that blood money coming in. How many times have you seen Rx drug recalls on your tv?? If animal testing proved anything then why so many recalls???

Source(s): I NEVER buy products from Procter&Gamble!

What an awesome school project. Maybe you could compare companies that do and don't so as to offer alternatives. Most of your higher end products don't test. For example, most the cosmetics you get at the drug store do or did test at some point but the ones you get at the mall or salon don't. However, if you flip over a product, it will usually say Cruelty Free or will have a bunny with on the label.

• SJ

I'm really really sorry. But my MUM would be in a wheel chair if it wasn't for animal testing. Also my son would be dead if there was no animal testing on the drugs that he had last Christmas.

I love animals and I'm crying right now but if it wasn't for these drugs being tested on them I would not have a mum who has a decent quality of life and a little boy who just turned 5 yesterday.

I don't agree with the cosmetic side.

Sorry just read the rest: You might want to check this out.

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?id=10519...

• ?

I had no idea IAMS and Dove did that!!!!

I'm sorry but I don't know of any companies that test on animals (although I probably unknowingly use their products everyday). They don't like to display it too often do they...

The Body Shop is a great cosmetic brand that is very much against it, however, so maybe if you check out their website and even contact them, they might be able to give you some interesting information. See: www.thebodyshop.com

I hope you do really well on your project, yours is such an interesting and important topic. Well done for choosing to bring attention to it!!

:D

EDIT:

Here, I just found this...

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/values/against...

http://www.caringconsumer.com/resources_companies....

Hope that helps.

--

To chio_925 - at least she answered your question, and she's right - no one can tell you for certain what is wrong with your dog, especially over the internet, only a veterinarian can. By posting here, disregarding her question altogether just to make a commotion, you are no better. Also, instead of throwing a temper tantrum, get your dog to the vet if you're really that concerned...

Most pharmaceutical companies do. However you need to realize that without animal testing millions of people would be dying due to basic procedures and medication not being invented yet. Unfortunately animal testing for medical reasons is necessary. Testing cosmetics however is ridiculous.

Abbott Labs makers of similac, pedialyte, selsun blue... Test on beagles, mice, rabbits... etc.

The reason is because different animals have different things in common

with humans. For example, kitten lungs develop just like baby lungs.

Drugs have been invented by testing on kittens that save thousands of

premature babies every year. Large numbers of test subjects are

needed to insure that results are accurate. Most test creature's are bred

just for being test subjects and the most humane way to treat them is to

never allow them to experience outside influences.

Also pig skin reacts very much like human skin to irritants.

Washington State University keeps beagles specifically for testing. They keep them in small kennels for their entire young life. Then, when the poor dogs are no longer of use to them, they sell the sickly, unsocialized animals to the public.

IAMS!

Here is a wonderfl site to find out if the products you use are tested on animals: http://www.navs.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ain_p...

Animal Testing is CRUEL!!!!! Its against the law, I think. Still, would you like to be poked with needles?!