Why do non-catholic christians hate catholics?

The chapters of the bible are selected by the vatican (catholic), so isn't that a bit hypocrit?

Best Answer

I am not a Catholic and i think the reason they make fun of the Catholic church is because they find small things that they see wrong in the Catholic Church because they were not taught that in their church and they think if it wasn't from their church it is wrong. Some things of Catholicism weren't taught at my church but i respect them anyway.

If people are good Christians why would they make fun of other people let alone other Christians.

• BC

It is not Catholics that are hated, it is the Catholic Church. And the reason is because of the lies, deceit, non-biblical doctrines and attitude, and all-round general corruption of the RCC hierarchy throughout the past 1700-1800 years. The lay members are merely ensnared, deceived victims.

It is a well known deception of the Catholic Church that they were responsible for the Bible. The truth is, the content of the Bible was well established long before the Catholic Church was. And BTW, there was no Vatican at that time, and not for a couple of hundred more years.

.

I don't think they hate them. They couldn't be christians if they did. I think because they have different interpretations of the bible there are conflicts as to who is right and who is wrong. I for one grew up in a christian household and I was always told that a true catholic had very strict and upstanding values. However, I was also told that catholics worshiped idols and figures and that it was wrong. I've never had the impression that christians hated catholics. Now, I will say that over the past couple of years some of the catholic priests have given everyone a good reason to be alarmed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pride and ignorance are the two culprits, I think.

In the first case, there are those who will not listen to what a Catholic tries to tell them about what we believe. They've been taught what hatemongers like Jack Chick and Alexander Hislop say is true about Catholicism, and they would rather continue in their hatred than admit that they were wrong. If they're forced to examine their misconceptions about Catholics, then other things that they believe might be wrong, too. . .and their faith isn't strong enough to deal with questions.

The second group is ignorant (in the sense of not knowing something) of what Catholics really believe. They think they dislike Catholicism, but if they will take a moment to hear us out and find out what we truly believe, they often change their minds about us.

There's hope for those who really don't know a lot about Catholicism but who are willing to hear us out. Sadly, though, there's little hope for the first group: their pride and arrogance is more important to them than how they treat their Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ.

Source(s): Catholic convert

satan hates the church that jesus established and has made many efforts to seperate people and distort the truth about the roman catholic church, sadly some people fall for it.

for many that responded, while the question may have been generalized there are many that genuinely hate catholics, look a the chick tracts for a prime example, these tracts are vehemently opposed to the catholic church and spare no cost in trying to get others to think like them.

there are many anti catholic organizations and many pastors try to show there followers why not to be roman catholic, usually from ill informed sources and misunderstandings from non catholics and anti catholics.

I think modern day hatred of the catholics by protestants is pretty outdated. Back in the day there was plenty for non-catholics to hate. Firstly they tortured anyone who tried to translate the bible into an understandable language. Secondly, they brutally stamped down anyone who tried to contradict church doctrine.

Nowadays, though, I think it's just habit.

the ones that do are usually

1. ill-informed-they get info from people who don't know their stuff and believe them instead of someone who actually knows what their talking about.

or

2. ignorant and arrogant- willingly misinterpret info, spread misinformation, and do the equivalent of plug their ears when faced with opposing argument.

"There are not a hundred people in America who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions of people who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church — which is, of course, quite a different thing."

-Fulton Sheen

They don't want people to know that the Catholics were the original christians after the Jews who followed Christ. They want to think they are the only ones

I do not hate Catholics I love them but their faith formed something new in the early part of the fourteenth century called the first inquisition which was designed to kill all Cathars (one denomination of the many denominations of Gnostics.) Since I am Gnostic and consider myself a Cathar I can not help but be concerned about your carnal Church when it wants to manipulate politics and governments. As a pacifist I abhor violence but historically pacifist were not exempt from being victims of some tremendous atrocity's. You are of course correct about the Protestants because when they broke free of your Bishops they took your error with them. Both Catholic and Protestant faiths have born fruit which show us they care for power and money over freedom and love.

Wide is the path to destruction (two billion Christians make the biggest religion on earth with almost all the military power) but narrow is the path to awareness and few find it, those that do seldom call themselves Christian these days.

Source(s): A humble Heretic by the grace of God.

It's really convieniant of you to suggest that Christians hate Catholics. We don't, we simply dislike the Roman Catholic Church. Why?

How about the massacres of 1572 to begin?

At Orleans, a thousand were slain of men, women, and children, and six thousand at Rouen.

At Meldith, two hundred were put into prison, and later brought out by units, and cruelly murdered.

At Lyons, eight hundred were massacred. Here children hanging about their parents, and parents affectionately embracing their children, were pleasant food for the swords and bloodthirsty minds of those who call themselves the Catholic Church. Here three hundred were slain in the bishop's house; and the impious monks would suffer none to be buried.

At Augustobona, on the people hearing of the massacre at Paris, they shut their gates that no Protestants might escape, and searching diligently for every individual of the reformed Church, imprisoned and then barbarously murdered them. The same curelty they practiced at Avaricum, at Troys, at Toulouse, Rouen and many other places, running from city to city, towns, and villages, through the kingdom.