What do you ladies really mean when you say, "Nothing can happen between us, you deserve sum1 better"?

Or, "I dont deserve a guy like you"

Favorite Answer

actually, my boyfriend is the sweetest guy around, literally. he makes me happy 24/7 and is just the greatest guy. and sometimes i can be really bitchy and like not that nice. and when i see him still being kind to me even though im not being that nice for some reason or another, i feel like he is to good for me sometimes, that maybe he'd be better off without me. do you get what im saying? he's just so nice, sometimes i think he'd be better off with someone who might be as nice as him yanno? thats what it means in my book when i say it anyway.

I, personally, have never said "I don't deserve a guy like you" to any guy, but I have directed several guys in various directions *away* from me because I knew that I was not interested in any of them romantically, and to lead them on when I knew there was no chance for a romance (at least on my part) was just *wrong*.

So, to *me*, when I tell a guy to "look elsewhere" that's exactly what I mean.

actually i disagree with the two first answers above me. i kind of get mad easily, and when the fight is over, i say "i dont deserve a guy like you," because he probably doesn't need someone in his life who's getting mad at him all the time. but that's only the case if i really like him. if not, then its just a new way to say "its not you, its me."

depends on the girl. sometimes i'll tell a guy that im not good enough 4 him just bcuz i like him that much and know of someone whos better 4 him and all i want is 4 him 2 b happy. but in other cases its my way of sayin, umm we're never gonna happen but 2 make it seem better i'll blame myself

when a woman says you deserve some1 better it usually means you deserve some1 thats closer to what you're lookin for. and if she says she doesn't deserve a guy like you you're probably too sweet, or nice.. it sounds crazy but most women believe that.. i hope i helped.. good luck

I've told a guy that just recently.

Reasons.

1) Yes, I'm not really interested in him.

2) BECAUSE, HE CAN REALLY DO BETTER THEN ME.

He loves me after all the tears & pain I put him through.

So when we say you CAN do better then me, we acutally mean it.

its another way of sayin i think we jus need to be friends abd i think u can find a gurl/guy thts better than me in every way

It's our way of saying that were intimidated. Or we just arent that interested, or it seems like you have better interests than us.

• 00000

it means that we think your too good for us...you have standards we cant live up to...or you deserve somone who loves you teh same way you love me and not somone who isnt sure what they want.

First option-she just isn't that into you.

Second option-she really means it.