We stepped right off the map, drifted in to blank space, and let the clocks relapse?

How often do you lose sense of time and reality when you listen to music?

I know there were many instances when I forget to get off of my stop on the train because I was lost in a song, and just before, I was listening to Porcupine Tree's Anesthetize and it was over so quickly for me, and it was sudden realization that 17 minutes (the length of the song) had slipped past me without me ever noticing.

Ever had similar expierences? What songs/artists?

Hey Ladytron! I thought you were going the Doors all the way today? :P

Don't worry, I failed already and I haven't even answered any questions today!

LOL ladytron!

Best Answer

Whenever I drift into a Pink Floyd trance. Which would be whenever I listen to Dark Side of the Moon with some really good headphones. Also I could be listening to a whole lot of Floyd and when I finally awaken from wherever I just was I look back at the songs I listened to and it could be hours gone by.

Hi Sarah,

All the time, it happened me today in mid conversation whilst listening to Breathe by Pink Floyd!

It happens me so often, particularly if it's like an out there, spacey song, something by Pink Floyd, or really sombre songs it happens too..

It's great when it happens, and sometimes you could be so into, and someone could be talking to you or whatever and not notice!

Edit: Oh yeah crap!

Ok here I go,

Well sarah, I DO in fact lose sense of time and reality when listening to music, like, hmm, the Doors for example! When I listen to 'The End' sometimes it really does just put you in some sort of magical trance and you get caught up in it, and then you just 'wake up' when it's over, and you're like 'woah!'

And I become completely consumed when I listen to The Crystal Ship, in a melancholic way, and it's very, strange..

And Waiting For The Sun.

Ok I think I've taken up enough space I'm gonna stop now! :D

Mostly just when I'm playing my own music. What I mean is, if I'm writing a song; riffs, lyrics, melodies, whatever. Playing something original on guitar and writing it down, for me this can go on forever and it only feels like a few moments. The only songs/bands that make me feel like this is Soundgarden, more specifically, The Day I Tried To Live.

@->-->-

• Keeler

I get that feeling all the time..particularly when I'm listening to The Who.. I'll just start listening to an album, or my media player on random (artist specific, of course), and next thing I know, I've lost half an hour.

That happens to me sometimes, when I'm on the subway or something, because the song will get me thinking about something else in my life or I'll just get really consumed by the song's instrumentals. The lapse in Shine On You Crazy Diamond is a good example for me.

It happens to me all the time...

Car journeys are never long enough {driver slower, mum... s-l-o-w-e-r!}. I often find myself losing time whilst sitting here with the Media Player on ~ especially if I'm working on compiling an album ~ long songs make the time slip away....

np : 'Lives and Ladies' ~ Family

I just now on a car ride listened to all of Wish You were here-Pink Floyd and all of Revolver-The Beatles and I could have sworn it felt like no time had passed.

Last night i was getting the pizza out the oven and 'Ruby' by Kaiser Chiefs came on the telly.. And im a sucker for that song..

Anyways.. i ended up burning my fingers : (

SIlly me

• Leech

when I get in the moment and am performing, singing, and dancing along with any of it...speak of the Doors...that happened to me listening to Morrison Hotel last Friday night!!

same thing happens to me when i'm listening to the beatles or paul simon's graceland. one song that i get lost in is 'in the air tonight' by phil collins, good song and deep too.

Source(s): me