Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

I'm craving bananas & apples!?

OK this sounds odd.But I can't stop eating them. I'm totally serious!

The other day I had like, 4 bananas. To make it worse, I wanted another one. I have the same obsession for sliced apples. (I baked vegan banana muffins the other day- see, more bananas!!?)

Does this mean something significant?!

Thanks !!

scottie xx

Does my body need more potassium then? xxx

Favorite Answer

Well, according to my nutrition teacher, she says that cravings don't really mean you are lacking some nutrient, but who knows, if you ask another registered dietician they might say something else. I say, eat 'em all you want!

I'm not vegan (as we all know) but I have a really good recipe for eggless banana muffins... the recipe is at home, but do let me know if you are interested!

If you really apples and bananas so much try this!!

Apple Banana Cupcakes

INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

2/3 cup shortening

1 1/4 cups white sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup buttermilk

1 cup ripe bananas, mashed

2 apples - peeled, cored and shredded

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour 24 muffin cups, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and buttermilk. Beat in the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in the mashed bananas and shredded apples. Fill each muffin cup half full.

Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.

It is possible, often cravings are because your body is lacking some sort of nutrient. It is also possible that you really like the taste of apples and bananas. They aren't unhealthy, so I don't foresee any harm coming from it.

If you truly are concerned, I would go to a nutritionist or your doctor and at least let him know. Maybe they can shed some like on the situation.

Best of Luck!!

Normally a craving is a trigger sign for something your body is lacking.

Its probably a lack in potassium. Keep eating!!

I can only speak for myself on this one, but I get massive cravings for fresh fruit when I eat way too much salty food earlier in the day.

Sounds like you are hungry and like bananas. Eat other nutritional foods in your diet also.

maybe you just lve bananas and are addicted but there really isnt anything wrong with that

• Mary P

but what a nice craving both are good for you and loaded full in potassium and Vitia's.

• Kelly

you outta try the banana bites from http://www.AussieFoodShop.com in the pantry section! they/ll satisfy you. they are fab! kelly

no

and no

yay! questions answered!