Is there a table to figure out payroll tax withholding percentages?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I am only looking for federal tax witholding information. Is there a tax table that shows the percentage witheld for biweekly income? I'm married, and I only claim 2... but I ...show more
Best Answer
For federal tax withholding, use Publication 15: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf

If you read pages 36 - 39, you'll be able to calculate your federal tax withholding exactly.

Social security tax is 6.2% of gross compensation up to a limit of $102,000 of compensation

Medicare tax is is 1.45% of wages with no limit.
=====

I've got an Excel spreadsheet set up to do the same thing. I can enter each gross paycheck amount, the spreadsheet does the calculation, and I can forcast what my various withholdings are. That way, I can be sure whether my taxes paid for the year will cover my taxes due when I file.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• Judy answered 6 years ago
    Publication 15, circular E - download at irs.gov

It might be easier to just enter the info at paycheckcity.com for your various options
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock