what are the numbers and letters on the back of my canceled check?

i am trying to find out who cashed a money order i sent, the business i sent it to said they did not recieve it. i have a copy of the money order and it has an electronic endorsment along with other things, what do all the numbers stand for???

Favorite Answer

the numbers identify what bank account was from, check number, amount, and the account number where the money was transferred to, including date and authorization number, all is done electronically these days and they have to scan all the checks due to regulations, that's why you see the copy on your statement online.

Source(s): personal experience with checks sent.

there are many numbers on the back of it, once you deposit it it goes to several banks I had to track down a money order one time and it had gone to at least 3 different banks before it finally went to the place I sent it. these banks can not tell you anything except that it passed through and account at their bank, or was deposited .

how can I find out where a check was cashed, the numbers on back of check have no teller stamp

Transaction,Routing, Bank. also date and time.