Example of poor bible translation ("God MADE Pharaoh's heart stubborn")?

As I was doing some bible reading today, something puzzled me. An example is Exodus 7:3 ("I will harden the kings heart"). How can God be unjust and tamper with free will like that??? BUT, it was PHARAOH who hardened his own heart, NOT God: Exodus 8:32 - "and PHARAOH hardeneth his heart... show more As I was doing some bible reading today, something puzzled me.

An example is Exodus 7:3 ("I will harden the kings heart").

How can God be unjust and tamper with free will like that???

BUT, it was PHARAOH who hardened his own heart, NOT God:

Exodus 8:32 - "and PHARAOH hardeneth his heart also at this time, and hath not sent the people away."

Exodus 7:3 is translated like this ("I will harden the kings heart") in every translation I've looked up so far except one...that is, the New World Translation where it says:

"I shall LET Pharaoh’s heart become obstinate"

Pharaoh was stubborn and hardened his own heart and God simply allowed him what he had already chosen.

Now that makes sense!

It's translations like the first one above that give a completely different impression and one that's confusing...
Update: Vishal - I have read the original Hebrew but Hebrew cannot be just translated directly into English (any good scholar will tell you this) - it doesn't always make sense to do this...you have to improvise sometimes.
Update 2: After doing additional research, the phrase "God made Pharaoh's heart stubborn" can be understood as this: It only says God did it because that was how Pharaoh reacted to God’s message. Mercy shown to such arrogant men only serves to allow more wrath to well up. (Romans 2:4, 5) It's not unusual... show more After doing additional research, the phrase "God made Pharaoh's heart stubborn" can be understood as this:

It only says God did it because that was how Pharaoh reacted to God’s message. Mercy shown to such arrogant men only serves to allow more wrath to well up. (Romans 2:4, 5) It's not unusual for wicked men to interpret God's patience as a sign of weakness and therefore become more set in their evil ways, thinking the time of judgment will never come (Ecclesiastes 8:11).
Update 3: Silver Tongue - I understand what you are saying and agree with the majority of your comment because, on the contrary, I have looked into it pretty deeply (read my addtional comment above). Interesting point you made about it being God who put Pharaoh into power (sounds a bit like the account of Joseph). Good answer.
Update 4: Me - My objective isn't to "slander" other translations...this was just one of the MANY disadvantages I've discovered. I could list many more but that wouldn't be very Christian of me would it? lol. Besides, there are certain advantages to some other translations (e.g. simpler English /... show more Me - My objective isn't to "slander" other translations...this was just one of the MANY disadvantages I've discovered. I could list many more but that wouldn't be very Christian of me would it? lol. Besides, there are certain advantages to some other translations (e.g. simpler English / different angle etc).