Obama keeps saying "The Arabic Call to Prayer is the most beautiful sound on Earth" should it be our pledge???

Or should Obama Change the National Anthem to the Call to Prayer.

I'm thinking all the athiests that protest the Pledge. Would love the Arabic Call to Prayer in American Schools

ann h:

Try Google.

On February 27th, speaking to Kristof of The New York Times, Barack Hussein Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset."

In an interview with Nicholas Kristof, published in The New York Times, Obama recited the Muslim call to prayer, the Adhan, "with a first-class [Arabic] accent."

The opening lines of the Adhan (Azaan) is the Shahada:

"Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!

Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!

I witness that there is no god but Allah

I witness that Muhammad is his prophet? "

According to Islamic scholars, reciting the Shahada, the Muslim declaration of faith, makes one a Muslim. This simple yet profound statement expresses a Muslim's complete acceptance of, and total commitment to, the message of Islam. Obama chanted it with pride and finesse.

Best Answer

Commando,

I thought it was scary serving under LBJ as commander in chief but this guy Obama is a dangerous naive fool. Will our boys in the military be required to sing Cumbya to the terrorists under his command? lol

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): obama quot arabic call prayer beautiful sound earth quot pledge: https://tr.im/Q3ce0
  • chana

Beautiful Call To Prayer

Just a little kiss-*** at an interview aimed at Muslims. However, that being said, anytime you have a movie with a setting in a Muslim country what do they start out with in the background? Calling the faithful to prayers. It is an interesting, exotic sound.

I must have missed this in reading the on-line Washington Post each day, think maybe McCain or Clinton might have raised such a quote by now. By the way, we call ourselves 'atheists', not 'athiests'. Maybe you should be asking yourself why you feel compelled to take a pledge each day --- in Canada, we would never consider such an exercise, pledging allegiance to a flag. We prefer to live our ideals and beliefs.

The Cleric that issues the call for prayer sounds like someone is standing on his nuts and that he was begging for someone to put him out of his misery. It got annoying hearing that five times a day for 15 months. I wouldn't call that beautiful.

I'm an agnostic, and my vote would be for Handel's Water Music Suite, a truly beautiful set of tunes imho. For the religious types, I would think that any god that claims to be the one true god and seeks the destruction of all others would be as good as another. What's in a name?

Wrong.

[...“one of the prettiest sounds on earth at sunset”...] (1)

That's all. None of the rest of that you cited is there.

[These charges are fanatical, America’s own equivalent of the vicious accusations about Jews that circulate in some Muslim countries. They are less a swipe at one candidate than a calumny against an entire religion. They underscore that for many bigoted Americans in the 21st century, calling someone a Muslim is still a slur.] (1)

Do you have another, more accurate citation to back up your claim?

I've found that sitting at any elevated place at sunrise or sunset is a pretty, spiritual and cosmic experience. No music or chanting is really necessary. It makes you realize we are tiny little beings sitting on a planet in a vast ocean of space-time.

Source(s): 1) "Obama and the Bigots" by Nicholas Kristof March 9, 2008 http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/opinion/09kristo...
  • Phil M

No, we wouldn't. A national call to prayer in arabic is no different than a national call to prayer for Christians. If the individual wants to do it, great. But just dont create an atmosphere where if you don't, you're not american...you know, like you righties do with the flag-pins...

And according to Christian scholars, so long as one accepts Jesus Christ as his lord and savior he is a christian....so technically, he is also a Christian.

Whats your point?

Source(s): You don't have a link. "Google" is not a link, its a search engine. It also searches blogs...I have yet to a credible news source with this information....found your link for you. Its an NYTIMES op-ed article/interview recount. Nowhere in there does it speak about his desire to be a muslim

Atheists don't like prayer of any kind, genius.

• Bill

I'm thinking if he gets elected we'll need a call to prayer