MS-Word -- Landscape on one page of a multiple page document?
I am looking for a way to make only one page of a multiple page Word document landscape. Everytime I set it, it effects the entire document opposed to just the one page
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Suppose you have 10 pages and 5th page has to be converted to Landscape layout.
Follow these steps:
1. Goto the page (5 in our case) which has to be made in Landscape layout.
2. Just before that page, add SECTION BREAK. (for our example, go to page 4 and add section break)
If you dont know how to add section break, see the information at this link:
Introduction of a section break will make next page as active(the one which has to be converted to landscape). In our case, page 5 will be the current one.
3. Open File Menu, GoTo Page Setup --> Layout and select Lanscape. Make sure to pick Choose <Apply To this section>.
(This will make pages 5 to 10 in landscape).
4. Now go to Page 6 and again open Page Setup and revert the page layout to portrait. (Choose apply to section).
At the end, you should have 1-4 in portrait, 5th in landscape and 6-10 in portrait again.
- 6 years ago
This is hands down the best, clearest, easiest to find yahoo answer I have ever found. You win the yahoo answers competition.
- 6 years ago
@Inferno - 6 years later, your response was quite helpful (again). Thanks!