promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

MS-Word -- Landscape on one page of a multiple page document?

I am looking for a way to make only one page of a multiple page Word document landscape. Everytime I set it, it effects the entire document opposed to just the one page

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Suppose you have 10 pages and 5th page has to be converted to Landscape layout.

Follow these steps:

1. Goto the page (5 in our case) which has to be made in Landscape layout.

2. Just before that page, add SECTION BREAK. (for our example, go to page 4 and add section break)

If you dont know how to add section break, see the information at this link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_9207_insert-page-section.h...

Introduction of a section break will make next page as active(the one which has to be converted to landscape). In our case, page 5 will be the current one.

3. Open File Menu, GoTo Page Setup --> Layout and select Lanscape. Make sure to pick Choose <Apply To this section>.

(This will make pages 5 to 10 in landscape).

4. Now go to Page 6 and again open Page Setup and revert the page layout to portrait. (Choose apply to section).

At the end, you should have 1-4 in portrait, 5th in landscape and 6-10 in portrait again.

Ta!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

This is hands down the best, clearest, easiest to find yahoo answer I have ever found. You win the yahoo answers competition.

• 6 years ago

@Inferno - 6 years later, your response was quite helpful (again). Thanks!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.