Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 1 decade ago

family portrait?

I'm going to get a family portrait dome for my mom for mothers day and I have no idea what we should wear. It will be me, my sister, my brother, his wife, their two twin boys, and their daughter. any cute ideas for clothing?

P.S. My mom's not like most moms she doesn't like the flowery cutsie stuff. She's very kicked back and just cool.

Please help. And thanks

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I did that for my mom one year...

we wore shades of blue.

boys in dark

girls in light

I know, how original lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a variety of red polos with light wash jeans looks really good. its not dressy but not too laid back

if the feet are going to be showing, you can go barefoot or everyone wear white (crisp white) shoes

Another thing you can do is have you and your sister wear the same color top and your brothers family wear a different color. but just make sure the colors are similar and don't clash if you do that.

• 1 decade ago

Try denim! Denim can be dressed up or down for the man, for the feminine ...etc. Plus it goes well with all sorts of different locations and backdrops. =o)

Denim is pretty kicked back and cool, and almost everyone has a little denim.

Or have jeans and white shirts. =o)

• 1 decade ago

If your near a beach, then great do a beach shoot....everyone wears white tops...bare foot might just add to the whole effect.

Have fun!

Cheers!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • honey
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

why doesn't everyone wear jeans and the same color T-shirt

a friend of mine's mom is the same as yours; they took a family picture all in jeans, T-shirts and barefoot!!! it was done in front of an outdoor scene

• Sakura
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's always nice to wear similar color tones and keep it simple! Black and white always looks good... white shirts and blue jeans looks good too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try to stick to plain colors and everyone dress in the same color. It will look nicer in the photo.

• Jen
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

How about everyone wear black, or white. Put everyone in none matching outfits, but everyone in the same colors.

• 1 decade ago

black shirts and blue jeans was chosen by some friends of mine, they took the photo outside, in front of some trees..it looked really nice.

• 1 decade ago

We are doing the same thing................we r wearing white and jeans

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.