Guinea pig has diarrhea?

This morning i went to check on the pigs and i saw in two corners of the cage, runny poop. I picked up one of the pigs and there was diarrhea all over his butt. I cleaned the cage real well, and filled up the sink with maybe an inch of warm water, and let them pig sit in it to soak and remove some of the poop. Than... show more This morning i went to check on the pigs and i saw in two corners of the cage, runny poop. I picked up one of the pigs and there was diarrhea all over his butt. I cleaned the cage real well, and filled up the sink with maybe an inch of warm water, and let them pig sit in it to soak and remove some of the poop. Than i use a rag to clean off the rest of the poop. Its all off now,and the cage is clean. But i am wondering how he got it? I was thinkin it might be because i am giving him lettce, apples, and carrots everyday. Should i cut back on giving him so much, and maybe stop feeding it to him for a couple of days till the diarrhea is gone? And just stick to his pellets?
Or is there anything else that may have caused it. Any ways to get rid of it?
Please Help. Best answer-10pts.
8 answers