Which college do you think would be better to go to. University of Vermont or Umass- Amherst?

Which one is considered "better" than the other? Which has a better reputation? Any help would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

UMass Amherst is considered by some to be a stronger university, academically and in terms of competitiveness of admissions. UMass Amherst also ranks higher on most rankings tables than does University of Vermont - but not by much. UMass Amherst is certainly better known, internationally.

I'd say, in reality, it's a dead heat in terms of reputation within the US. Maybe UMass has a slight edge, but both are quality universities.

Which do you think fits you better? Which offers more of what you want? Which do you like better? Because when it comes to two unis that are so close in terms of prestige, other factors come into the decision.

Also think about what you hope to major in. UMass Amherst has some very well ranked programs in some fields (business, etc.) while UVM has well ranked programs in other fields. That's something you can look into, if you'd like.

I agree with the above response. That aside, they are close so I would go with the better financial aid package.