Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

What is the difference between a NO DQ match and a no holds barred match?

I reckon they are both the same just lika a hardcore match and extreme rules match and a pinfalls count anywher. They're all the same...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

same

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Their names.

• 1 decade ago

don't feel bad. i once thought there was something different between: No DQ, No Holds Barred, Hardcore, Street Fight, Extreme Rules, and Falls Count Anywhere.

all the afore mentioned are the SAME thing. you CAN DO WHATEVER you want. there is no getting counted out, no getting DQ'd, and you can win by pinfall or submission. the only difference is the name. i have no idea why they have that many different names for the same kind of match.

• 1 decade ago

No DQ, a wrestler can't win or loose a match by getting disqualified, which often happens in cases where a belt is on the line and the defending champ (generally a heel) will intentionally loose by DQ yet retain his title.

No holds means that anything goes,but a pinfall or submission is required to win

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If I had to guess, i'd say the only difference between the two is that you can be counted out in a No Holds Barred match whereas this couldn't happen in a NO DQ match...and maybe weapons wouldn't be allowed in a no holds barred match since using a weapon is not a "hold".

• 6 years ago

The only differrence is that in No Holds barred match the Count out rule is not observed whereas you can get counted out in a NO DQ match. Also, the name, No holds means that any wrestling hold can be applied, even the banned ones (I think). Plus No holds has greater variety of weapons.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only difference is the name

• 1 decade ago

Basically, they are the same match except for what they are called.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no DQ, u can get yourself counted out.

the other there is NO count out

• 1 decade ago

OMG PEOPLE!!! wrestling is fake! they practice this stuff..i dont know how people watch wrestling...its a bunch of steriod infested freaks in speedos jumping and doing flips that they worked out every detail of. and hitting each other with chairs that you can see the guy fall b4 the chair even hits him...haha losers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.