Relationship advice please? - its quite complicated?

Hey - just looking for relationship advice and I'll try and keep this as simple as I can. I broke up with my girlfriend three and a half weeks ago, since then our respected friends have been bitching each other (my friends and family have been talking trash about my ex, and vice versa). Both my ex and I... show more Hey - just looking for relationship advice and I'll try and keep this as simple as I can.

I broke up with my girlfriend three and a half weeks ago, since then our respected friends have been bitching each other (my friends and family have been talking trash about my ex, and vice versa).

Both my ex and I have got our friends to stop it which is all well and good though they're are alot of gray areas left over:

I want to be friends with her and keep her in my life though she doesn't and I assume that she may want me back,

We both still have some feelings for each other, yet we tried to get back together last month though it didn't work out (went too fast!),

She's tried dating other people though can't stop thinking of me,

I've been on a date though didn't feel it was going anywhere.

At the core, my worry is about what the right thing is to, to stay in touch or not... and we cannot rule anything out in case... I don't know.

Hmmm... its really difficult, could anyone please help?