silly question here, but does anyone know who makes the sausage patties for McDonalds? - see more?

The reason I ask, I have found it to be the best I have ever tasted, and yet, even though I asked the McDonalds corp., they would not tell me. I dont eat it that often ( health) but could someone tell me the answer to this? thanx, folks, if you know, or are an 'insider' to McD's secrets, Puhleeze, let me know! thanx again, L. Scott

by the way, when I mailed McDs' they told me they use products from well known companies such as Kraft, Heinz, etc. but it must be an 'ancient Chinese secret' or some such nonsense. I am sure if they told the public who they buy it from, that people everywhere would go out and buy that product. I do know it is not made from scratch, but I have yet to figure out the brand. I have tried so many different brands, and have not hit on the right one. I went to breakfast today in a littly tiny town here in Florida, and they had the closest I have tasted. When I asked the waitress, she could not tell me. She said it came from the food supplier and that was as far as I got. Ya know, this really bugs me! I am determined to see who their supplier is. Yup, it drives me crazy, and if I find out, I will share it with anyone who emails me at Laurelf55@embarqmail.com. This is just one of those things I have wondered about for several months! Wish me Luck! thanx again.

Favorite Answer

McDonald's is such a huge company, I'm sure they get them made for them (and them alone) to their specs. They are a larger-than-usual patty, perfectly sitting on any of their breakfast sammies. I think you'd better find a substitute you can live with locally.

Aldi's has sausage that I think tastes pretty similar to McDonald's sausage. It's in the freezer section with the other breakfast foods. I don't know if it is a new product or what - it's not always there. It comes in a white plastic bag (the sausages are pre-cooked and are stacked on top of each other in the bag). Good luck!

like Jennifer S answered, there is some sausage at wal-mart my husband eats every mornong that taste just like mcdonalds sausage. I think its probably the same as she's talking about but we get it at wal-mart (great value brand). Its in a white upward oblong bag, they're sliced and stacked on top of each other. There's 18 in a pack and on the front of the pack it says " Microwaveable in minutes, Fully Cooked, Original pork sausage patties". Hope this helps you.

Nope, no idea, and I don't work for a few more days so I won't be able to answer further...otherwise i'd give you the plant code on the sausage box, or get a box from the dumpster (if you can find a sausage box in all the other cardboard) and find the plant code...at least you know where it would be made. Where i work, our hamburger meat is made at plant #103.

They wouldn't be an existing brand. McDonald's creates the recipes for exactly what they want, then manufacturers compete to get a contract to produce it, EXACTLY like McDonald's designed it.

Even if that company makes commercially available sausage, it won't be the same as McDonalds (or they'd be in big trouble)

Maybe try searching the "Unwrapped" show's episodes on Food network's website or something. Or go kitchenlink.com and find copycat recipes (or google copycat mcd's recipes). Perhaps they can let you know how to make your own patties taste that way. MAybe even shoot them an email to see if they know. Dig hard, and anything can be found on the internet!!

Sorry I couldnt be more help.

It's the spices---not the meat. The burgers are made of ground beef. The sausage is a product that would not be accepted at face value. Lips, a**holes & tongues. If you think they throw product out, you're wrong !

They produce their own/////