What is the next crisis that Libs are going to scream about?

now that the economy is turning around:

Wall Street Surges on UBS and Lehman Brothers Stock News, Better-Than-Expected Economic Data

NEW YORK (AP) -- Wall Street began the second quarter with a big rally Tuesday as investors rushed back into stocks, optimistic that the worst of the credit crisis has passed and that the economy is faring better than expected. The Dow Jones industrials surged nearly 400 points, and all the major indexes were up more than 3 percent.

Financial stocks were among the big winners after Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and Switzerland's UBS AG issued new shares to help bolster their balance sheets. With that upbeat news and a fresh quarter ahead of them, investors appear quite willing to make some bets that the worst of the damage from the nation's credit struggles has been felt. Moreover, the banks' moves buttressed the view that financial services companies are taking aggressive action to improve their capital bases and stave off the potential of a collapse

Favorite Answer

The sky is always falling for a lib, and those of us who do not see life through the prism of pessimism are much happier .

• Bud W

The stock market has nothing to do with the economy. It jumped 500 points in one day a few weeks ago then lost a 1000 points in a few days. The most important factors in the economy are price of gas, price of food, and wages keeping up with inflation.

oil companies were given 180 billion in tax cuts and yet the price of gas still rose along with their profits. The rich were given a tax cut and the tax shelters grew. Ordinary Americans were given a defcit to add to the national debt and that continues to grow.

• Zardoz

So the economy turned around in one day, wow that's some progress. Watch the dollar and it will tell you if things are great.

It's the first day of the quarter and new money is coming into the market. Heck I even put some in myself. I don't expect miracles, just enough people to do what they always do. I'll pull it out next quarter.

Conservs making sweeping generalizations that Democrats are the only people upset with the state of the nation.

While it is true that Democrats are better informed and bring up actual issues, Republicans bring up just as many crises.

OK so ONE article makes the whole economy turn around, what an utterly childish a notion

wish it were so little one but I've been around 50 years and I promise that we're headed for some tough times, I've seen this economy before in the 70's and 80's it's going to be bad for a FEW years sweetie

• Dave M

For sure, if the Libs do get back into power, the conservatives have left, (caused), plenty of crisis on the plate to scream about.

Maybe they’ll go back to whining about how housing prices are too high after they are finished using our own tax dollars to bale out irresponsible homeowners who don’t deserve it, which will prevent homes from devaluing to affordable prices.

The one that always makes me laugh is when they use .."The Children" as a excuse to raise taxes to make another bad idea,,

Blah, blah the children...Poor poor liberals

wow, a good DAY on the stock market. that's for sure an indication of a turnaround.

• netjr

Probably back to the war; I am assuming at least one of the dedicated 160,000 soldiers there did something wrong today they can blame the Republicans for.