Myspace Add Friend Request puzzle?

I've had an email saying that X would like to be added to my Friends List. The email contains a link which is meant to display X's profile. However, when I click on that it shows that there are no messages in my Friend Request Manager folder! Does that mean that X may have changed her mind... show more I've had an email saying that X would like to be added to my Friends List.

The email contains a link which is meant to display X's profile. However, when I click on that it shows that there are no messages in my Friend Request Manager folder!

Does that mean that X may have changed her mind after requesting the Add? I don't know X's real name
Update: Thanx guys - I didn't think of spam although it looked genuine. Can't find it now but don't remember deleting it!! I'll know the reason if I get a load more spam!!!