Do you believe that there are aliens living on other planets?

That's what I believe. There may not be any planets in our solar system (besides earth, of course) that can support life, but there has to be another planet somewhere else in this galaxy with an earth-like environment and atmosphere that can support life.

Richard R, I think you're taking this question too seriously. I'm not asking how many aliens have visited earth. Maybe you should read the question again thoroughly. And as far as SETI scanning the skies and not finding any other intelligent life, they haven't scanned the entire galaxy yet. So until they do, and come up with nothing, the possibility is still there. I know I don't have proof, but I still believe, and you can't tell me that my beliefs are wrong.

Favorite Answer

It's pretty easy to be on either side of this discussion, so I'll just say this: I'd sooner believe there are "Aliens" living on other planets, than there are "Aliens" living on this one.

And with a humble nod to the recently departed Arthur C. Clarke: "Sometimes I think we are alone in the Universe and sometimes I think we are not. In either case, I find the concept staggering."

Lots of people used to believe in faeries. I'm so happy you believe in Aliens but what evidence do you have? Please don't wave the drake equation at me. Large numbers don't mean a lot if the odds against intelligent life are larger. The drake equation usually suggests enough civilizations in the galaxy where you couldn't swing a dead cat around your head without hitting two. (Would that cause an interstellar incident?)

But if thats true where are they? SETI has scanned the skies for alien radio signals for 5 decades and they haven't found anything. Frank Drake, the author of the famous equation was the driving force behind SETI. It must be rather discouraging for him. The great physicist Enrico Fermi when asked about aliens thought for a while and asked "where are they?" He had calculated that an advanced civilization with even rudimentary interstellar capability should be able to colonize the entire galaxy in a period of between 5 and 15 million years. Now, look around. Look up, down, left and right. Do you see any aliens? I hope not. There is no evidence for any alien visit to earth. So again WHERE ARE THEY???. The simplest answer to this question is that they don't exist. Period. We are probably the only intelligent race in the entire galaxy.

But go ahead and believe all you want. Unlike some religions believing in aliens won't hurt anyone. But personally I prefer faeries and elves and pixies.

No, I don't believe there are aliens living on other planets. Unless you are talking about bacteria and other single-cell types of primitive life.

Because if, by aliens, you mean complex animal life - the chances are infinitesimally small that such life has evolved anywhere else in the universe.

The fact that other star systems have planets in their life zones, temperate climates, and liquid water does NOT guarantee that complex life will evolve. The earth had such conditions for nearly 3.5 billion years and never developed anything beyond microbes. It wasn't until about 500 million years ago, after a snowball earth event, that complex life with skeletons began to evolve on this planet.

Simple life may abound in the universe, but advanced life forms backed by intelligence -- extremely unlikely.

Source(s): Rare Earth - Peter Ward, Donald Brownlee

Yes. I believe there are probably multiple planets throughout the galaxies that have life. Unlike Grant G, I believe they're way more advanced than humans. Earth is a pretty young planet and we don't know what the other galaxies consist of.

Richard R, you took this question the wrong way. We aren't talking about aliens visiting earth. Of course there are aliens on other planets. The first life on earth was formed from alien cells on an asteroid.

In our little galaxy alone there are enough stars that, if you said, there is only a one in a million chance for a palnet to create life, there would still be millions of stars that could support life. So HELL YEAH! We are not alone! Just takes soooo freaking long to get anywhere in the galaxy, we may never get a chance to meet them!

Honestly I can't see why anyone wouldn't believe it. I mean who knows how many galaxies are out there that we don't know about. With all the galaxies out there I believe that there should be intelligent life out there.

I do believe there are aliens on other planets. In fact, I think some of them have internet access and are trying to make contact with us using Yahoo!Answers...

• yes. there are billions of galaxies, space is like never ending. of course there is, it has to be a fact. there has to be other life out there.

Yes, but I doubt they are at the same level of advancement as humans.