Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Who else hate Superman gimmicks ?

Superman gimmick, e.g.

1. Hulk Hogan being barely beatable.

2. Undertaker being undefeated at wrestlemania.

3. John Cena being an unbeatable champ.

Question,

Who else hate Superman gimmicks ?

To me,

I can hardy stand them, I hate the fact that wwe prefer talent over looks and popolarity of superstars.

I think I deserve a STAR, do you think ?

Favorite Answer

Agreed 100% Sarah.I've never been a fan of Superman gimmicks & never will be either.It should be based on the wrestling ability as charisma or mic skills can be developed.CraigROH is spot on by rightly pointing out that genuinely talented technical stars like Shelton or Elijah aren't getting the consideration they deserve.Sure they're in ECW developing & getting experience.But with their caliber, they ought to be on Raw or SD.

1 ~ Hogan winning all the time was part of his deal back then.He didn't like working with the younger talent & hated having to job or put younger stars over.

2 ~ I'm a big fan of The Phenom.His character, persona, wrestling skills & all-round gimmick.He's the only "Superman"-type gimmick in any pro wrestling that i like.

3 ~ Cena being unbeatable is just how the storyliners want him put over as.It 's to fit in with his "champ is here" persona that is popular with the fans.His "Superman" image is just clever WWE marketing in order to sell the merchandise & the tickets for the events.

You hate talent over looks?

WWE is the complete opposite of that, and it's been proven that many fans pay attention to appearance over other attributes. Talent should be a priority in any sport, and WWE is no exception, regardless of the "entertainment" tag with Professional Wrestling.

I do not like "Superman" gimmicks. However, Hulk Hogan was the only wrestler that really exemplified that. Hulk Hogan won unbelievable matches in unbelieveable ways.

John Cena was not an unbeatable champion. He is a main-eventer, and as a main-eventer, he has to be better than a majority of mid-carders and be on par with other main-eventers. Look how long his matches are and how much he has to struggle to beat anyone.

Undertaker is not Superman! You just pointed out his WM Streak, but WM occurs once a year! Undertaker has lost many matches to other wrestlers, including Batista, Edge, Big Show, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Even during the Attitude Era and times before, Undertaker has lost many major matches. He is nothing close to a Superman.

Hulk Hogan earned his stripes fair and square. Dont agree with you that much on that one.

Undertaker is a lil 50/50. But I bet he will retire undefeated at wrestlemania. If here were to lose at a wrestlemania, he will lose a great deal of face with the fans and the character will suffer. The whole dead man thing is getting a little old but thats his schtick and he does it better than anyone else.

I couldnt agree with you more with number three. No offense to the actual person but the John Cena character is noty convincing at all. Its sucks so bad that they give him so many pushes while others guys kill themselves and not even get noticed. I'm glad he doesnt have any gold cause I was really tired of the whole superman thing where no matter what happened he would always win. The only reason they did that was he brought money to the company. If he lost all his kiddie fans would cry to mommy and daddy and then they wouldnt buy tickets. Ill stop there because I could go days on just that guy alone.

1. Hulk Hogan being barely beatable: i agree seeing hogan win all the time was worse than cena, but hogan does have an ego and does not like to job.

2. Undertaker being undefeated at wrestlemania: i like undertaker so i cant complain about this one, its his legacy.

3. John Cena being an unbeatable champ: thats not cenas fault, its the way he was booked, just bad booking in my opinion.

Who else hate Superman gimmicks ? im with you there sarah i would prefer to see wrestlers who you dont know if they are going to win or not, i have always said wrestling ability 25%, charisma 75%, thats why guys like shelton benjamin and elijah burke do not get pushes which is a shame but thats the wrestling buisness for you.

You have to remember that this is a business and WWE is trying to sell PPVs. Why make Undertaker lose? Then they can no longer hype Wrestlemanias with "Will this be the year the streak ends?" Same with Cena. Why did they keep the belt on him as a babyface even though he routinely gets booed and comes out to "Cena sucks" chants? Because then people tune into PPV events hoping this is FINALLY the month that Cena loses. When it doesn't happen, they buy again the next month.

I have to disagree.

Although I hate seeing Cena being unbeatable, I've always liked to see Undertaker continue his win streak at Mania, as well as Hulk Hogan being unbeatable, Hulking up to everyone.

Undertaker and Hogan made Wrestlemania, so I like it.

• The only gimmick I like is Takers unbeaten streak. The other two are completely lame. People get sick and tired of seeing the same guy hold the title and overcome the odds. It's different with taker because he is never at the disadvantage. When Cena faces Khali or Umaga and whoops them its like he beats up the monsters of WWE easily. Undertakers streak of dominance at Wrestlemania is just remarkable.

Source(s): YOU ARE YOU ARE! I AM I AM!!!
  • Greg K

It's nice to have these comic book superhero types. It's not so great for the adult fans, but wrestling is heavily marketed to kids. I think wrestling would be much better if they decided whether they wanted to be T & A for the 18-30 crowd, or muscles and superheroes for the under 18 group. But I remember thinking Hogan was the best thing since sliced bread back when I was just a wee tyke. So, the superhero stuff really works.

Well honestly I think it makes since it generates alot of publicity to the oragnization and brings in alot of fans each and every week. See I am a Wrestler and I understand tha some of the younger talent gets over looked but its not because they are not good it just that the fans pay to see Wrestlers like John Cena and Undertaker alot more.

Source(s): Im a Wrestler

Cena's and Hogan's yeah,but the Undertaker's streak is what the fans pay to see.

Wait,you hate the fact that WWE prefers talent over looks and popularity?That is the exact opposite of what they are doing.They don't give anyone talented a push (i.e Shelton) but just because ladies swoon for him and buy his shirts Cena is a champ.I'm guessing you got your words mixed up.