Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Why was Erin Brockovich so significant?

i saw the movie, and i was not wowed one bit. and then i saw the story on american justice, and i still was not wowed.

• Kim Z.
    Favorite Answer

You must be kidding, right?!? Erin Brockovich is an American legal clerk who, despite the lack of a formal law school education, was instrumental in constructing a case against the $28 billion Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), of California in 1993. The case was settled in 1996 for $333 million, the largest settlement ever paid in a direct action lawsuit in U.S. history.

You might look at it the way I did originally. Lots of people without degrees and higher education work hard and are just as smart as the ones with degrees. They simply did not have the advantages of a degree, as many people do not either because they were poor or had to work at a very young age.

The film and the story are amazing because she works so hard to right a wrong that has been done to others. People who have been lied to and pushed around and deceived. She and those people go up against a large powerful corporation and win against it. Something that would not usually happen in regular life, corporations are the powerful ones, you do not usually win against them. So its really the story of one person

taking on the bad ones who pollute the earth and lie about it.

An age old story like David and Goliath told in a modern way.

• Shawn

If it wasn't for her, the corporation would have gotten away with poisoning all those people. And they wouldn't have gotten any money to pay their medical bills, and for pain and suffering and so forth. You might not give a crap about it, but I'm sure the victims do.

• Buzzy

Really? I thought it was a wonderful movie!!

Source(s): Maybe I'm just an old poop??

i thought it was funny, moving and welll done flim..

still cracks me up that seen about the BJ's

I won't even bother to see it, so we're on the same page.

Because she was trailer trash and she made a difference!