Christians, another serious question regarding prayer?

I thought I'd ask some real questions for once :o) When you pray and ask for guidance, help or something you need, how does god answer you? Meaning does he give you a sign? A literal answer you can hear or feel? Or does the answer just sort of show up as in your prayer request gets granted? How do you... show more I thought I'd ask some real questions for once :o)

When you pray and ask for guidance, help or something you need, how does god answer you? Meaning does he give you a sign? A literal answer you can hear or feel? Or does the answer just sort of show up as in your prayer request gets granted?

How do you know that the answer came from god and not just from circumstances that would have resulted in the same outcome with or without prayer?
Update: lol Lord, I know it's rare, but it really *is* a serious question and I'll give BA to a christian who answers it honestly :o)