Graphics problem - Initializing old game (Metal Gear Solid)?

Hi I just installed Metal Gear Solid on my PC and it's an ancient game. I easily have the system requirements but when I first ran it I got a message about the game not being able to run under my graphics card and would use software rendering. Now when I try to open the game, I get the following... show more Hi
I just installed Metal Gear Solid on my PC and it's an ancient game. I easily have the system requirements but when I first ran it I got a message about the game not being able to run under my graphics card and would use software rendering.

Now when I try to open the game, I get the following message:

"Game crashed during previous initialization, game starting software rendering mode..."

The screen then goes all black like it's opening the program, then it just suddenly closes. No pop-up or anything telling me it has to close.

My graphics card is a crappy laptop one, but the system requirements for this game are like 32mb card and DirectX7. My card is a GeForce Go 6100, not amazing but it should be able to run this game.

Is there any way I can fix this?