Confuse asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Which one should I consider denture or bridge?

I have 02 missing teeth in front. My dentist suggested to me to do a bridge as I am using a denture now. I need advice whether should I maintain my denture or doing a bridge is better. Does bridge need lots of attention to maintain? What is the advantage or disadvantage? Appreciate sincerely advice for my decision making.

Favorite Answer

It all depends on the condition of the remaining teeth and bone.I had the same problem and considered the denture to be only a short term option -you should get something permanent.A bridge requires the adjacent teeth to the space to be cut down and are difficult to clean-so what condition are they in?. If they are in near perfect condition the best option are dental implants.More expensive but eliminates damage to the teeth that a denture or a bridge can do.

Source(s): Had a denture-hated it ,bridge failed,now have implants ...and love them !