R&S how much time do you spend with online friends vs friends nearby?

I was reading a devotional today and it brought to mind how we like the idea of the online friends. Those are the friends online you can talk to when it's convenient for you, because you can chat just a few minutes at a time. In contrast how much time do you spend developing friends off from the computer?

Do you have more friends outside of the computer or more friends online? Why do you choose to have online friends?

(by the way, I have a lot more friends online, too!)

Best Answer

Everyone I come in contact with is a friend.

I talk to many of my real friends over the computer because of distance. I happen to not like telephones, but fortunately people life a good portion of their lives online today. I also have a couple internet friends that I would consider close.

On most of my free time, I live in cyberspace.

The Internet is becoming the primary social, commercial and professional interface for the entire world.

Resistance is futile.

• Mr. E

It's like two separate worlds for me. I spend time here during the week in the evenings and week days when time permits but spend very little time here on the weekends. That time is spent with nearby friends.

edit: if I might add, both "worlds" a precious to me.

• Amelie

I'm a bit of an introvert, so I tend to curl up with my laptop instead of going out to meet friends, but I think we all need physical warmth from other people. Fortunately I have a few friends who don't allow me to become a complete hermit!

well, I only know one person in the Phoenix metropolitan area that I would call a friend, and I have only seen that person one time. So to all my real life friends in Kansas City and Dallas,(who I never see anymore) here's to you, but in the present, I truly only have "online" friends at all anymore.

I have friends nearby but nobody that shares my belief system. I love my online friends, they make my road less traveled a lot easier.

I spend all day with my best friend,(my wife) I also spend most of the day online.

I have several really close personal friend online.

my close personal friends off line, live over 600 miles away.

Source(s): jcms

I have no friends nearby, and my only family is my 22 year old daughter who is busy being a 22 year old woman.

I have friends nearby?

Source(s): <--lives in the boonies.
  • Blue 1

I don't have real friends. :( I am a loser. I suck.

*playing the Russian roulette*

My closest friends are far away from this state, my closest friends now are my R&S friends. That's why I come here xD

(((((((((((((my friends))))))))))))