Is it ok for a girl to wear plaid shorts???

just wondering because I've seen guys wear them but not girls really. I bought some today, and they are Unionbay kind, so it's not like I paid 200 or anything for them, so should I keep them or trash them?

Favorite Answer

yeah, definitely! they are so cute! i have some!

Well girls, wear them all the time in the summer! Its the new style here in my area. It really depends like what kind of plaid they are. Boys probably wear alot of stripes on theres. Girls, I guess less. I only have one or two pairs of plaid shorts. And I love wearing them, but the weather right now aint so good for them... [ in my area ]

Source(s): me

I think plaid shorts are hot! They look more interesting and modern than solids or denim, plus you can pull a color from the plaid and wear that color top, and either match the shoes to your top or pull a different color from the plaid for the shoes. Or you can wear white or black with them. They are so versatile since they go with so many tops, so they are a good buy whatever you paid for them. My advice is keep 'em and have fun all spring/summer in them!

Ya! It's totally fine! I have a pair of Union Bay too. Mine are yellow with some grey and colors like that in them. Alot of girls from where I live wear them. And since you don't see alot of girls wearing them, maybe you will start a trend and the girls will start wearing them too!

xxSamxx

girls can anytime.

i wear short plaid shorts from hollister

that are comfy and go with any white top.

you can pair it with a bolero and a t shirt

with ballet flats for a girly look,

or with a northface or just a jacket for a

preppy look.

Source(s): my closet?

Definetely keep them!! I get my plaid shorts from abercrombie kids and they are sooooooo cute! Most people at my school own a pair and they are totally in style!! Good luck and follow your heart!

• ?

might it look weird and wonderful? in all probability. Tan shorts and nude pantyhose? Very cheesy. no longer only on you, that is cheesy on females too. ought to you do it? You already look to have rationalized it and made your recommendations up on the concern, and are only searching for approval from the Y!A community. My only suggestion may be to placed on something that is amazingly sheer and compliments your dermis tone nicely so it would not scream for interest. additionally, please shave. only understand that in case you parade around in public like this, do no longer assume various fanfare. do no longer mistake this answer for judgement, when you consider which you probably did ask for an opinion. whilst you're somewhat severe approximately this, you have to be waiting to parent judgement from easy opinion.

I see quite a few girls wearing them, I believe the term for them is bermuda shorts, very popular. Keep them, I have a pair myself.

• Amelia

Definetly! Some girls at my school even buy the guy version of them because they are way more comfortable. Keep them for sure.

I think they sound cute, lots of girls who go to my school wear plaid shorts!

Yeah wear them!!! Girls do wear guys' stuff nowadays anyway... :) But if you think its a little too masculine or weird, top it up with girlie tops or accessories.. :) Have fun!!!