Who Decided Swear Words Are Bad?

I mean if they never decided that they were inappropriate they would just be like regular words

I'm not 12 I'm 18 lol

• Favorite Answer

I don't know. Thats always confused me. I mean, I don't consider swearing to be that bad - unless you are using it in a way that will hurt or belittle someone else.

• Wanda

Well quite a few 'swear' words are blasphemy, so no-one needed to decide that blaspheming is bad. I wonder if they're called 'swear' words because people used to have to swear on the Bible. So if they swore - used the same words - off the Bible, so to speak, that was bad? Just speculating. Cursing is obviously not the greatest, by definition; who wants to be cursed?! Excuse my french was a coy way of trying to pretend you were speaking a bit of french when you were using swear words. I think it's silly because you both know it's not French! Personally I keep off the blasphemy and insults - and just stick to good old Anglo Saxon... which doesn't always go down too well either

If swear words were just like other words what would be the purpose in using them. Most people use swear words for effect, to give emphasis to a statement. There are those who can,t get through a sentence without using profanity, and others who feel the need to put sweary,s in the middle of words. Ever hit your thumb with a hammer? There s nothing like a few F#cks to help ease the pain. I have no F@cking idea who decided they were bad, but God bless the ancient dude that invented them.

I agree! Swear words are just words, but with a bad rep. Like the word ***. It just means donkey! What makes it worse than the word donkey!

thats what I think... wat makes a bad word a bad word?? when we use it badly???

And I personally dont agree w/ that one girl. saying its ok for a 12 yr. old to curse. if shes maturing then she shouldn't be getting into all that junk. I've heard it soo much it slipped out today. I felt awful and almost a teenager. Even all I said was, "what the crap!" and I dont think even that is ok....

OPINION ~~~>

I know, i hate how they are off limit words.

And kids and people can't say them, without getting frowned upon, or In trouble.

I really hate it, i wish they were normal words.

God made them bad words. He made them because it makes everybody well... normal. It gives parents one more thing to tell their kids not to do! lol

Society and the people who thought they knew more than everyone else!

• All words are words, people who think some are "curse words" are just plain idiots.

You're right - but every culture has the need for "special" and "taboo" words - so they create them.