Who Decided Swear Words Are Bad?

I mean if they never decided that they were inappropriate they would just be like regular words

Update:

I'm not 12 I'm 18 lol

36 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I don't know. Thats always confused me. I mean, I don't consider swearing to be that bad - unless you are using it in a way that will hurt or belittle someone else.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Wanda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Well quite a few 'swear' words are blasphemy, so no-one needed to decide that blaspheming is bad. I wonder if they're called 'swear' words because people used to have to swear on the Bible. So if they swore - used the same words - off the Bible, so to speak, that was bad? Just speculating. Cursing is obviously not the greatest, by definition; who wants to be cursed?! Excuse my french was a coy way of trying to pretend you were speaking a bit of french when you were using swear words. I think it's silly because you both know it's not French! Personally I keep off the blasphemy and insults - and just stick to good old Anglo Saxon... which doesn't always go down too well either

• 1 decade ago

If swear words were just like other words what would be the purpose in using them. Most people use swear words for effect, to give emphasis to a statement. There are those who can,t get through a sentence without using profanity, and others who feel the need to put sweary,s in the middle of words. Ever hit your thumb with a hammer? There s nothing like a few F#cks to help ease the pain. I have no F@cking idea who decided they were bad, but God bless the ancient dude that invented them.

• 1 decade ago

I agree! Swear words are just words, but with a bad rep. Like the word ***. It just means donkey! What makes it worse than the word donkey!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

thats what I think... wat makes a bad word a bad word?? when we use it badly???

And I personally dont agree w/ that one girl. saying its ok for a 12 yr. old to curse. if shes maturing then she shouldn't be getting into all that junk. I've heard it soo much it slipped out today. I felt awful and almost a teenager. Even all I said was, "what the crap!" and I dont think even that is ok....

OPINION ~~~>

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know, i hate how they are off limit words.

And kids and people can't say them, without getting frowned upon, or In trouble.

I really hate it, i wish they were normal words.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God made them bad words. He made them because it makes everybody well... normal. It gives parents one more thing to tell their kids not to do! lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Society and the people who thought they knew more than everyone else!

• All words are words, people who think some are "curse words" are just plain idiots.

• 1 decade ago

You're right - but every culture has the need for "special" and "taboo" words - so they create them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.