Lv 5
Annie asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

2 credit card question...?

1) if you add someone to an account but you decide you no longer want the card can you cancel your account but allow the other person to still have an account?

2) what happens if you put the wrong social security on the card and you want to change it? Is it even possible?

3 Answers

  • DAS
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Nope, if you added that person like a co-signor, or a person that is equally responsible for the debt. Then when you go to close the account, that person would have to talk to the credit card company to find out what they have to do to remain on the account. Remember you were the original account holder, so you are the person that is responsible.

    You can always talk to the credit card company to verify this, and they can take the necessary info to change this.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    1) If you no longer want the card, it gets cancelled for everyone

    2) You can contact the company and correct it. It needs to be correct to get included in your credit scoring. I would be surprised if a credit card co. didn't notice the problem up front.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    More info....

    Did you add them as an authorized user? If so, when you close the account, the entire account is closed!

    Not sure about the ss thing

    call them and ask them about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.