promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I burned my finger with the hair straightener, it made a bubble on my finger..?

what do i do to it?

its looks gross.

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a blister, just deal with it. It will be better in the morning.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Don't do the butter! The heat in the burn can cause it to 'fry'. Hold it under cold running water for ATLEAST 10 minutes. Failing that, wrap some ice/frozen peas in a clean tea-towel and hold it there for about 1/2 an hour. On a more personal note: don't burn your finger on the straighteners.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's a burn blister. Do not pop it, put ice on it or butter of any kind. You're not supposed to ice a burn, you're supposed to run cold water on it. Butter and other greasy things can breed bacteria and cause infection. Give it a few days and it will shrink down and eventually disappear. If it's sensitive to touch cover it with something, like a band aid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah it looks really gross, and hurts too, huh? It's a burn blister. You can't really do anything about it, it goes away on its own. But if you put some ice on it, it will bring the swelling down. Hope that helps!

xoxoBecca

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

first of all don't pop the blister!!! it is your body's protection to infection. just run your finger under cool water for 5 minutes. DO NOT use Ice or butter you could cause damage to the skin. if it doesn't look any better after 24 hours see a doc.

Source(s): i am a wound care nurse
  • 1 decade ago

Don't worry; it's just a blister. Keep ice on it. DO NOT PEEL IT OFF! This could result in a scar. Put some neo-sporin and a band-aid on it. It should be good-as-new with-in a couple of days

Source(s): Encyclepedia of Britanicca
  • 1 decade ago

Do not pop it, it's there to help cover where the burn was so it canf orm new skin, in the mean time keep it bandaged over, and ice it, and take advil for the pain, it'll pop by itself once it's ready.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hi

i burn my finger all the time lol

dont pop it because it made cause infection and it will really hurt

put ice on it

or

put your finger under cold water

• 1 decade ago

pop it....do it ......DO IT! it'll be fun, like popping bubble wrap i assure u!

-------------------

XD just kiddin dont want you to get hurt dear, just put an ice pack on it for now, should go away with in a few months. It might leave a mark though where the blister was, but it'll go away eventually.

• 1 decade ago

DO NOT POP IT! LET IT POP NATURALLY!

Keep it lightly covered and clean to prevent infection. Warm water and soap is the best to clean it with. and like i said do not pop it! Take some asprin for the pain.

Feel better and be careful next time!!!

Source(s): http://www.essortment.com/all/treatingburnss_rdvm.... and I have burned myself a million times.
  • 1 decade ago

run it under cool water... i learned that in science.... that's normal for it to bubble it's like a blister..... about 2 weeks ago i burned my neck with my curling iron... it hurt and it left the shape of it on my neck and then my dead skin peeled there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.