Spiritually speaking, what's the average shelf life of a prescription drug?

I have terrible allergies that are beginning to flare up. That dang OTC Benadryl crap does nothing for them. Claritin doesn't work anymore, Zyrtec never did, even when I had a prescription for it. Last year, my doctor put me on Singulair, and it works fine. But my scrip has expired, I can't go back to the... show more I have terrible allergies that are beginning to flare up. That dang OTC Benadryl crap does nothing for them. Claritin doesn't work anymore, Zyrtec never did, even when I had a prescription for it. Last year, my doctor put me on Singulair, and it works fine. But my scrip has expired, I can't go back to the doctor for a while and I still have almost a full bottle left over from last year.

It's almost been a year since I filled it, is it still okay to take?

(I posted this in Health, but those people will let you die of an overdose of poisoned medication apparently. :P)
Update: (meaning, 10 minutes with no responses)