Girlfriend cant/wont get over ex?

My girlfriend broke up with her ex sometime in December, and since then we have "casually" been going out. Its stuck in casual because she tells me that she still hasnt gotten over her ex fully and she doesnt want to go half assed into a relationship just yet and break my heart before she is fully over... show more My girlfriend broke up with her ex sometime in December, and since then we have "casually" been going out. Its stuck in casual because she tells me that she still hasnt gotten over her ex fully and she doesnt want to go half assed into a relationship just yet and break my heart before she is fully over him. This makes sense to me, but its slowly starting to get to me. She says she hates him, but still loves him, and talks on the phone at least once a day. Sometimes while shes at my house he will call and she will pick up and talk for an hour in another room, and when she comes back she is crying most of the time. She says she wants to get over him but still talks to him. She says she doesnt want to hurt him by not answering his calls or ignoring him, but wont that just prolong everything and make getting over it even harder for both of them? Yea, they did go out for 3 years, and i have been patient with her, but i cant wait forever and she will leaving for a different college soon.
Update: Yea idk, things are slowly getting better though, like she doesnt wear the promise ring he gaver her, and at times it seems like she really is trying to get over him, but like many have said, how long will this take? I cant wait forever, especially if she will be moving to nevada(we live in missouri) Yea, her mom... show more Yea idk, things are slowly getting better though, like she doesnt wear the promise ring he gaver her, and at times it seems like she really is trying to get over him, but like many have said, how long will this take? I cant wait forever, especially if she will be moving to nevada(we live in missouri) Yea, her mom might pay to fly me out every once in a bit but if we havent even started a serious relationship yet how could this work if we are in teh casual stage when she leaves?