Is this medical malpractice?

My father was coughing up blood, so we took him to the local hospital. After running some blood work that came back normal, the decided to look in his stomach. After going in there, they saw nothing. They wrote him a script for prilocet and said to take him home. Well I didn't, I took him to another... show more My father was coughing up blood, so we took him to the local hospital. After running some blood work that came back normal, the decided to look in his stomach. After going in there, they saw nothing. They wrote him a script for prilocet and said to take him home. Well I didn't, I took him to another hospital, they ran a catscan and found a large mass in his chest that has turned out to be cancer. I beg the other hospital to do more and they refused. They just wanted me to take him home! How can you be spitting up blood and they tell you, you are fine? I want to sue the hell out of them, I want that doctor and nurse that were so rude to me to lose their jobs. You should have heard the way they talked to me when I beg them to run more test! I have never sued anyone, does anyone know if I have a case here?
Update: i also wanted to add that like two years ago my husband went to the same hospital complaining about pain in his abdomen,they thought it might be appendicitus, they gave him a x-ray and told him he was fine. So he went back to work still hurting and 2 weeks later it was so bad he couldn't move, so I took him to... show more i also wanted to add that like two years ago my husband went to the same hospital complaining about pain in his abdomen,they thought it might be appendicitus, they gave him a x-ray and told him he was fine. So he went back to work still hurting and 2 weeks later it was so bad he couldn't move, so I took him to another hospital and he went into surgery with in 10 minutes. He did have appendicitus but that hospital didn't run the right test for one even though that is what they thought it was.....that hospital has almost killed the 2 most important men in my life, and i want something done!