Safety of Russia?

I am so eager to be traveling and I was wondering if anyone knows if Russia is safe? I think it would be so awesome to visit that country. It sounds beautiful. Does anyone know about the safety of an American there?

Thank you all.

Favorite Answer

Russia's great! I've been a few times, I'm a woman, and I've traveled with my female cousin once, an American girl friend, and then I just went there myself to meet family. My Russian is not so good, I'm better in my foreign tongue (Romanian or English), an they are extremely nice to you no matter what. Many receive you well BECAUSE of the fact that you are American. Of course, the culture is different, and I would suggest that if you go there by yourself, you always watch yourself, but that's only because every city and country has its dangerous people, whether its Russia, the US, or France. But, in general, you will be very safe. The country is very accommodating, the people are not hostile, and you will have a great time if you decide to go. St. Petersburg is the best, by the way!

It is very safe to any foreigner as long as you keep all the precautions any normal person would in an unknown place. My husband visited me in Russia from The US before we were married and he just loved it. Now we always go together to visit our Russian family.

• Cossak

So be ready if some one will find you an american so police bears will catch you....so i'm kidding and its safe.

our church music minister went there lots and was received very well. no probs.