Is a woman a woman because of her reproductive organs?

Recently I was having a discussion/debate at work with some associates...we were talking about a woman who recently had a hystorectomy. Someone made a comment saying she is no longer a woman....I was pissed(ohhh I havent been that pissed since melrose place went off the air) to think that in this day and age , we... show more Recently I was having a discussion/debate at work with some associates...we were talking about a woman who recently had a hystorectomy. Someone made a comment saying she is no longer a woman....I was pissed(ohhh I havent been that pissed since melrose place went off the air) to think that in this day and age , we are only defined as women because we can give birth....I made the statement that I am not defined by my vagina, then I was asked what makes me a woman.... I have to be honest and say that I truly was a a loss for words for a moment.......I told them my vagina is what makes me of the female gender , but that does not define me as a woman.
Please share any thoughts and Ideas on this topic....I am even interested in hearing what men have to say as well.......