Tee P asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Looking to buy Small Dog in Houston Texas?

Does anyone know some good pet stores or places to go in order to buy toy sized dogs at good prices? What about flea markets? Please give a list of places or ways to contact someone who sells them. I have been searching the internet and looking in news papers but have had no luck. I can't find one pet store in Houston, Texas that sell dogs. Houston only.

Thank You

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You will not get any good dogs from a pet store in Houston or anywhere else. Pet stores get their puppies from puppy mills and irresponsible and ignorant back yard greeders - no responsible, knowledgeable breeder would allow their dog/puppy to be placed via a pet store. Either find a good, responsible breeder of the breed you have researched and studied or go to the area shelters as they are FILLED with dogs needing a loving home. There are also tons of small breed rescues in the Houston area. Be a responsible puppy/dog obtainer instead of supporting the problem.

btw, no responsible breeder will be selling their puppies in the newspaper or internet either. There are many Houston area breed clubs that can help you find what you need.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Looking to buy Small Dog in Houston Texas?

Does anyone know some good pet stores or places to go in order to buy toy sized dogs at good prices? What about flea markets? Please give a list of places or ways to contact someone who sells them. I have been searching the internet and looking in news papers but have had no luck. I can't...

Source(s): buy small dog houston texas: https://shortly.im/xXLec
  • 4 years ago

There are no "teacup" Yorkies. It's a marketing term used by unknowledgeables, like yourself, and unethical breeders to describe dog bred to be extremely small with no regard for the health of the animal or the breed standard. Use of the term is actually considered a red flag by Yorkie enthusiasts and people are generally warned to avoid anyone using the term. If you only want specific answers, then you should refrain from posting on a public site and flaunting your ignorance in regards to something that people feel passionately about.

• 4 years ago

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://tr.im/kZnns

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

So you WANT to support the hellish puppymill trade. Really?!

that is what you willl do if you buy a puppy at any of those places. You will be giving money to the very same people who breed their girls every heat, and sell the babies when they are too young to leave, and therefore have behavior and health problems for the rest of their lives.

Go to rescue, and save a dog.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Please dont buy a dog from a pet store or a flea market. I suggest Petfinder.com. It will give you all of the shelters near you. If you want to spend the money...do it by saving life.

http://www.petfinder.com/search/search.cgi?breed=&...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.