hmm
hmm asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

how many people take morals into consideration, when voting.?

I as a Christian must take my Christian morals into consideration.

I don't look at every mistake someone has made. we all make mistakes. but I do have to consider how immoral our country is becoming. I vote against a president that is for what the Bible says is against God.

and was wondering how many people vote on moral issues.

• MK6
    Favorite Answer

Hello,

First of all, - everyone votes on morals (right / wrong). The question might be, -on what foundation is their morals?

Considering that religious groups seldom desent on what's "right", then the question is, how to 'invoke' what's right for the govn'ts role?

Is it 'right' to give out welfare checks, - the more an un-wed woman has children?

Is it 'right' to move towards socialist ideas, - and dilute individual responsibility?

One voter may vote for what's "right", - I vote for my selfish self-interests. (what can this candidate do for ME)

Others may vote with a 'wider-net' so to speak, - what's best for everyone? And I'm one of them -"everyone" folks.

Even though the US Constitution mandates separation between Church and State, just about every devout Christian considers morality when voting. And look where it's gotten us. Officially, religious morality has no place in politics, but in reality, religion plays a large part. Do you believe that a Muslim, Buddhist or atheist would ever have a chance to be elected, even if they had overwhelmingly great economic or foreign policy ideals?

It can't be a whole lot. Bill Clinton was president, after all, and many more people want to vote for Obama, and some Hillary. A lot of people will, and did vote for these individuals, even knowing their immorality.

Kind of SCARY, ain't it?

But as a person with morals, like you, I vote and take my morals to the polls with me!

Call that fighting immorality, if you like, and it is just THAT!

If everyone in America votes on the basis of Morals then we would have no elected officials. Politics is a dirty game and the one that has the most morals intact still doesn't win. Politicians tell you one thing and do something different just straight out lie. they use their political powers to make what they are doing to appear legal. they write the laws even if you don't agree with them. they have more adulterous relations then any other category of people. So if you choose on morals you see what i do. I base my vote on the candidate who i believe at the time will 1. not raise my taxes so high i can't afford to work. 2. Build our Military up so we have the ability to take care of our problems 3. Make our economy work so i can at least afford to keep living . if you ask for much more then that you are just another disillusioned voter.

ayfr

Well Nosdod first they themselves have to have morales before they'll know what to look for in a candidate.

King Solomon said in Proverbs (can't remember where right now) that a corrupt people will have a corrupt Government.

Meaning that if the majority of the citizens are corrupt they will only elect people who are also corrupt to represent them.

And it looks like that's what's happening to us right now.

Most of Americans have become too corrupt to care about what's right so they only want Politicians with the same mentality to represent them.

And what's worse are the corrupt Americans are beginning to make us look like we're the bad guys so what's right has become wrong and what's wrong has become right and all of us might as well live in a rabbit hole because it's becoming worse everyday,

Well, I could care less what the person's religion is, I look at the individual people. I vote for honest people whenever I can. I look at a lot of issues from a moral stand point, and if they agree with me on most of them, I figure they can't be that immoral, but as you stated no one is perfect.

I do! I believe that the strong traditional family's are vanishing. Tomorrows children are suffering for it along with everyone else. We need to stand for what we believe is best for our Country, (morality), no matter if someone misinterprets it as hate. I hate no one. I just want to leave the best world possible for my children and my someday grandchildren. My responsibility is to vote for the man that best represents morality issues.

Morality should play a role in any decision about who we feel would best support the interests of the United States. But it is only one of many factors, and people define their morals in different ways.

http://www.springboardblog.blogspot.com

So would you vote against an atheist who you otherwise agree with? Why? Do you not realize it is possible to be a good and moral person and not believe in a deity? I am an ignostic myself (not the same as an agnostic by the way). Would you not vote for me simply because I am ignostic?

Well, for me morals is huge. In most cases, contrary to what the media portrays, most candidates agree on more things than disagree. So, what is left? Morals. I want someone who values life, wants less goverment to run my life, will stand up to evil, and will have compassion for the less fortunate.