Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Should I send my ex a gift/letter after 3 months of NO communication ?

I want to buy my ex-girlfriend a gift who after trying the friends thing after we broke up didn't work out. I never saw the reasoning and moved to fast to try to get back with her and it ended terribly. She doesn't think I remember her birthday, but I want to show her that after 3 months I still care for her and love her as a friend. Last we spoke she wanted no texting or calling from me... and I get the impression that she thinks I'm a playboy but I'm not. I'm hoping by sending a gift to her job maybe something 80's retro with a letter of how I still think of her will open the doors to a friendship. Its the sudden disconnect over a text message 2 days after sending her roses at work, and the awesome memories that I remember the most and I hope 3 months of no communication will show her that I am still there for her. I have a painting that I bought earlier on that I never gave to her, but it is to big to send to her job, I'm 26 working adult and she is a 22 yearold premed student.

Best Answer

kep it light....a big gift after no contact for 3 months will seem very pushy..keep it simple and light..and make her laugh....women like that

my only question is why you would want to send anyone something that obviously does not want a relationship with you based on her telling you no more communication and also since she has not contacted you at all in 3 months, sounds like she has moved on and you probably should too. You deserve to be happy and have someone that appreciated who you are and your feelings. This girl does not sound like that, if all she wants to talk about is a gift sounds like she is too materialistic as well.

As a female, I think I would be a little freaked out about receiving a gift. If you want to contact her, just call her on the phone and ask how she has been.

NO GIFT!

• Sondra

Usually when a woman says NO, she means it. Why are you wanting to bother her after she's told you NO? I'm not trying to be smart, but what part of NO is difficult for you to comprehend?

For Closure maybe..But she's only 22 and your 26 I say leave her alone..You look like a big stupid!!

Paul....NO means NO. She doen't want to hear from you and she doesn't want your gift.

Yeah bother her and stalk her like a pathetic loser.....SHE HASN'T CONTACTED YOU IN THREE MONTHS!

....Leave her alone!