Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 1 decade ago

Oil Painting.?

How do you oil paint ?

Favorite Answer

I was 12 when I started painting with oils. I didn't have any money to speak of, so I bought a tube of Burnt Umber, a package of canvas boards, a can of turpentine, some cheap hog bristle brushes and a table top easel and I went to town. With that one color, I learned what "value" and paint manipulation was all about. I stuck with that one color for three years and slowly added color to my paintings. To date, I've done more than 500 paintings and it's highly unusual if I don't get first place when I enter my work in an exhibit.

Practice makes the master.

• GUERRO

I learned to oil paint from library books and art magazines. After i figured i had a pretty good idea how it's done and what materials i needed, i started by painting simple paintings and worked my way to much harder objects/subjects. I've been at it for about four years now and i still find it just as fun as when i first started. Try to remember that even with some bad paintings that may not come out as well as you may have liked, it the experiece that you gain through them that will make you better. My art can be checked out at hellosanantonio.com under artist name GUERRO1.

Never have.