do you think it's important for presidential candidates to be patriotic? which one is? how so?

in your opinion, do you believe that any of the candidates in the running are patriotic?

have you ever wondered if being patriotic is a qualifying character asset to be allowed to sit as president in the oval office?

how would you describe how the candidate that you think you will vote for is a patriot and will remain so (in what ways?) after election?

how do you, yourself, describe your own patriotism and why?

after you describe your patriotism, then how does your candidate prove to you that s/he will remain patriotic and loyal to we, the people?

do you think it is of paramount importance that our president and her/his cabinet be patriotic?

• DAR
    Favorite Answer

Yes I think it is important.

I don't think we are just 'citizens of the world' and I don't think our country and what we have built are just 'assets to be used for the world'. I think we have an identity and culture and interests we need to further for ourselves, while working within the world.

McCain was tortured in Vietnam and while I don't see that as the same as leading a brilliant battle (as in showing skills) I think he is patriotic in his own definition. (By mine I think he is willfully ignorant of how badly his policies would hurt this country because he wants to believe differently for the sake of his own influence and ego.)

I think Ron Paul is patriotic. I honestly don't think the man even particularly WANTS to be president, he is doing it out of duty to this country because our leaders aren't talking about the issues that really need to be addressed, and with their mindless group think globalism are destroying the liberties and draining the treasure and opportunities that we have built up over hundreds of years.

How am I patriotic?

Let's not go there.

Ron Paul's record is incredible. I have never seen anything like it. If you scratch the surface you can find the 'usual' rumors of 'something not as perfect' as people try to marginalize him, but as you look deeper this changes. Unlike Obama's back yard or his church, unlike the Clintons' affairs (in the financial sense) brought to light during Bill Clinton's presidency, unlike McCain's record and the rumors about Vietnam, when you look into Ron Paul's record, the issues evaporate.

He honestly is a statesman, not a politician.

And he carries a vital message everyone needs to hear. Particularly now that Bush is saying he wants to make the Fed the clearing house for much MORE economic activity than they currently control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaxdUPNYj2s

Youtube thumbnail

I would rather the president be able and competent than excessively patriotic and useless.

So while I feel that patriotism is a fairly moot issue I'll recognize that alot of people feel it is vital.

I think McCain has proven his patriotism. I think Clinton is very interested in the well being of the U.S. I think Obama is more concerned with the world. I want a president who is more interested in the U.S. Hillary.

I'm not going to nit pick on semantics.

They are all patriotic. These candidates, whether we like them or not have invested ALL of their energy, passion, and time towards running for a pretty difficult position.

It's easy to stand back and judge others. I think they're all patriotic.

particularly, the president does not have lots potential. He cant make or vote on rules, he only has the possibility to veto. He cant, replace our potential source without senate approval. he's properly greater of a cheerleader than an particularly fact seeker. And wager what, you have advisers to do the thinking for you. particularly, i choose a president to make us seem greater favorable to the the remainder of the international, and supply the human beings an oz.. of desire. With that pronounced, i think of words are greater useful.

NO YOU CAN NOT TELL IF HE OR SHE IS PATRIOTIC OR NOT BECAUSE BEFOR THE ELECTION YOU WILL HEAR ALL THE RIGHT ANSWERS AND AFTER THAT IS ALL BULL **** THEY WILL DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM

how do you define patriotism?