could a straight man be in love with another man?

Could a man find himself attracted to another man and yet still be considered straight? i have a friend that tells me always that he loves me and i could see that he acts just as a normal male would. i mean, he does not act like a gay. i find this weird and so i try to help him out.

what do you think? is this possible?

Best Answer

Absolutely!

There's nothing better than love -- and quite a bit of difference from loving and being "in love with."

Personally, I have had straight men try to figure out why they were attracted to me, which I think is largely from my open and loving personality. I express affection for people all the time... it doesn't mean I want to be either romantic or sexual with them. I have slept beside straight friends, some of whom have cuddled with me, too, but there was nothing sexual about it... it was friendship.

The best way you can help him is to accept his love, return your friendship, and throw out ideas of "normal." This is "normal" for your friendship.

• doogan

Straight Men In Love

First of all, it's very possible for a straight guy to LOVE another man, but not to be IN love with him.

Second: are you asking this for your friend or for yourself? There is nothing wrong at all with two guys being best friends who are intimately close, and I don't mean in a sexual way. Two buddies who love each other and aren't afraid of saying so is a concept that's come a LONG way. And because some people still think that only gay men are the guys not afraid to show their emotions, there's still a long way to go.

Having a friend who loves you, cares for you, would lay down his life for you - that's true friendship, and you should cherish that with all your heart. That is something some people will never have in their lifetimes, and even worse - you may not have it with the person who's SUPPOSED to feel that way about you, whether you are married to them or not.

So unless the friend is telling you he loves you as he's ripping your clothes off and you're falling into bed together, then NO, it's not "gay."

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what do you...

Source(s): straight man love man: https://tr.im/PnZ5X

Nope sorry, from your description he is most likely Bi. He may not be ready for a male-male relationship but if he tells you he loves you then he wants to try. And don't go by the way he "acts", While some people do fit the stereotype there are just as many gay men and women that don't.

Well when you think about it gender wise it really doesn't make sense. But when you fall inlove with someone, do you fall inlove with who they are or what they are? Gay,straight,bi whatever, its hard to label people now days so I mean I can't exactly give u a specific answer but I believe anyone can fall inlove with anyone. He doesn't have to be gay to fall inlove with another man b/c maybe he isn't attracted to that person because he is man, maybe he is simply attracted b/c of who that man is inside :)

Quite possible, although probably rare and hardly easy to track out considering only a few straight males would admit such a thing.

But just because somebody doesn't act stereotypically gay it doesn't make him/her straight. Not that I find "sissy" guys less attractive.

Nope if you love like or anything beyond friendship between a person it is being gay if you like the same gender some gay people don't act very out and open and feminine some people like being the leaned back kind and acting straight

• Amy

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axg7Z

Yes, of course. Sometimes one's brother is not a blood relation, but someone you form such a deep bond with. I feel that way about a few male friends I have.

are you sure he means it the way you're thinking?

he probably doesn't mean romantically

he loves you like a brother

love isn't ONLY a romantic or sexual thing

you love your family, but you wouldn't want to make out with them right??

its the same thing with friends

if you love somebody, you would do anything for them and you would be hurt if they weren't in your life

if hes straight, I'm pretty sure that's what he means