does anyone no the customer services number to change your mobile number?

i would like to change my number over because i have blocked my simcard and i dont no the details since ive actually had the sim card

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well that's still kind of a vague description as to what is actually going on with your phone and SIM card, it could be a multitude of things. I work for a wireless kiosk, and we sell T-Mobile and At&t. As far as SIM cards being locked, or blocked, is it asking for a PUK code? If that's the case, you would have to call customer service up immediately to try and to receive the PUK code. Trying to enter random codes won't help (because most people think that a PUK code might be a security code of their's like the last four of the Social, or the last four digits of their phone number), and after many attempts, end up burning the card, where you then need to purchase a new one to have the service reaverted. Customer care for both companies from your phone will always be 611, but if for some reason you don't have access to any service, here are their customer care phone numbers: and since it's the weekend, At&t has an after hours number -- 1 866 801 3600. T-mobile will be 1 800 937 8997.

Did you drop your phone in the water? That could have corroded the actual phone, and burned out the sim card too. What does your phone say if you turn it on? Does it say, "please insert SIM card," for if it does, all you would have to do is remove the battery and the card from the phone for 30 seconds. Doing this resets the whole phone. You don't necessarily have to change your number just cause the card is blocked, and changing the number will affect you and your contract in two ways, one: they charge you a $15 fee for a number change, and two: they will restart your contract for another two years. I don't know if you want to be stuck with another two year contract if you were ever considering of porting out to another carrier such as Verizon or Sprint.

So there's a bunch of things that can be factors. Don't change your number unless you REALLY want to, like if there is a stalker calling you 24/7. LOL. If anything, reset the phone as I indicated, see if that works, if not, get another SIM card at a corporate store for about $20 and call customer care to chane the SIM Serial number. =)

• 1 decade ago

what company do you have, sprint,at&t, t-mobile

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.