Do you follow 1 John 4:16?

“God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1 John 4:16).

I am not a bible person, but for those that say they believe and follow every word, do you follow this?

Do you know what love is? It is forgiveness, compassion, empathy, tolerance, friendship, help for others, etc. Can you do it unconditionally?

So now read it again, and tell me if you are actually abiding in love.

“God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him”.

Do you "walk the walk" or just "talk the talk?"

LOVE, Peace and Light to all.

peacefromken.

Favorite Answer

Hey you...good question.

As you know, I am not a bible person either, but this verse speaks volumes.

To..."walk the walk" for me, is to remember that when I dont love, when I dont forgive, when I condemn...I am doing it unto myself.

I have to constantly remind myself that we are ALL one...and as long as I see myself as separate...unconditional love cannot abide.

Brightest Blessings

Polly was one great allrounder, for sure. You don't judge players just with their stats. You have to consider the contribution one made to the team, how important was that and in what circumstances. Shaun Pollock's contribution to the team cannot be discounted by any means. He was a bowler par excellence, bit underperformed with the bat. But he had played important knocks at crucial junctures of a match many a times in his career. Why he is not mentioned as an allrounder? Maybe he was a much better bowler than an average allrounder. He was impeccably accurate with his line & length. And most of his batting had come at the top of the tail. That is, after all the proper batsmen had come & gone. He was considered more like a bowler who could bat than a batsman itself. He was too good a bowler, and his exploits with the bat went unnoticed in the long run.

You can't forgive or be forgiven without true dialogue. I believe dueling with bible verses only displays an active ego and a good memory.

Do we need love artifacts to hold up and say to the world, "Look at me? I love everybody. Look at what I can do. " Children like that kind of attention...and what was the intention?

What are we trying to prove to each other? Why can't we just chat nicely and work out our problems one uncomfortable moment at a time and one apology at a time?

Source(s): my frustrated heart

I totally 100% believe that verse!

Love is everything God is.

This is a good question.

Really makes you think!!

For not being a Bible person, you sure do know your stuff!

When your Parents whack your buttock do you think that it was an action that is not love? My dear friend, see it not at an angle. We are trap under sin, yet. We are still in this world. Inorder to do that we have to die first.

Love, Peace and Light to your one sided mind.

I don't follow the Bible, but I do believe in that statement, and i do understand it and try to follow it.

I try but don't always manage it - sometimes I find it hard to show love...that is the challenge in life as a human. We are to try to always live in love, with love and showing love...but it's not as easy as it sounds.

I guess the main thing is to always try your best.

The bible tells you what love is:

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

------------------------

I struggle to love those who persecutes me, loving them by not giving them snake when they ask for bread.

Yes.....You would be surprised how many of us there are..

God is too cool for any of us. But, there he is, with us.

Peace to you.