My step-kids call me "Mom" and their mom gets mad?

I have a total of 9 kids with 5 of them being "step-kids". As far as I'm concerned they are my kids,I have always made sure that they know that I love them. I treat them all the same, if they need disciplined they get it, if they need a hug they get it , if they need encouragement they get it, if they... show more I have a total of 9 kids with 5 of them being "step-kids". As far as I'm concerned they are my kids,I have always made sure that they know that I love them. I treat them all the same, if they need disciplined they get it, if they need a hug they get it , if they need encouragement they get it, if they need praise they get it. When I'm asked how many kids I have I always answer "9". I feel that if you get into a relationship with someone who already has kids and you love them that you should love their kids too.I have a child from a previos relationship and my husband has never treated her any different that he does his birth kids and she calls him "Dad" and her father doesn't have a problem with it, so I ask you if the kids feel comfortable enough to call me "mom" should their mom get mad ? I have never asked or told them to call me Mom they just started to call me it on their own.
Update: Their mother is an alcoholic who does nothing for them, she never buys them anything, comes to see them and only calls when she feels like it. She won't keep a job and always tells them she is going to do things with or for them and never shows up.