Weird cactus flower?

So I just bought a small cactus with a flower on it, but the flower looks a bit weird. Is the flower supposed to be attached to it with this clear substance? It looks like the flower was just hot glued on. I just wanted to know if this was unusual or not. By the way, it's called cactus strawflower and it sais... show more So I just bought a small cactus with a flower on it, but the flower looks a bit weird. Is the flower supposed to be attached to it with this clear substance? It looks like the flower was just hot glued on. I just wanted to know if this was unusual or not. By the way, it's called cactus strawflower and it sais that its pilosocereus species if that helps. Thanks
Update: to Chicken In Black: really? It says on the label that it will flower regularly each year. Will a new flower sprout somewhere else on the cactus later?