what does troll mean?

does it mean some one that is making up some thing??

I just see people that make up stuff I thought that what it mean ?

Favorite Answer

A troll is a person that asks questions so he can report people and get them violations on Yahoo Answers.

• A troll is someone who has been constantly bothering other people which the trolls are also called "troublemakers". they mark your answer thumbs-down even when your answer is right. they are trying to get you suspended by reporting on your answers and questions for no reason. they are also answering questions with stupid, not related to the question answers that annoys you so much and that makes you argue with them. they also email you with threaten emails. so if you have receive that from a troll, don't reply back. Good Luck! also, I highly suggest that you should keep your answers & questions and network private, so they can't report on your questions and answers and they don't have to threaten your contacts and fans.

♥♫

Source(s): Top Contributor - Dad

With regard to the internet, a troll is a person who posts on a forum with the specific intent to start an argument.

In simpler terms... a **** disturber.

A troll is a user who posting inflamatory or insulting material to provoke responses.

Trolls in Answers also like to report and abuse other users.

1a. Noun

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun

A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.

A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

1c. Noun

A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

2a. Noun

Sometimes compared to the Japanese ‘Oni’, a troll is a supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, whose race was thought to have carried massive stones into the countryside (although actually the result of glaciers). Lives in hills, mountains, caves, or under bridges. They are stupid, large, brutish, hairy, long-nosed, and bug-eyed, and may also have multiple heads or horns. Trolls love to eat people, especially small children.

The Females of the species are generally kinder and more intelligent, but still fairly hideous.

2b. Noun

An aesthetically repulsive person, often has terrible social skills, usually a woman. See Troglodyte.

2c. Noun

An old, unattractive gay man who hits on young men, and cannot seem to understand that they want nothing to do with him.

3a. Verb

To fish by dragging bait behind a moving motor-boat.

3b. Verb

To cruise for immediate sexual pleasure without commitment. Often characterized by an older man, seeking a younger man, or any man for immediate, often anonymous sexual contact.

4. Noun

A joke disguised as an outrageously stupid statement or question, intended to trap people into believing it is serious.

5. Verb

To use acid and ectasy simulataneously. See trolling.

(Comes from ‘Tripping’ on acid, and ‘Rolling’ on ecstasy)

6. Noun

A toy popular in the 1980’s, a ‘troll’ is a cute little plastic trolls with fluffy, colored hair.

1a. I hate trolls!

1b. I hate trolls!

1c. I hate trolls!

2a. It is said that a troll will turn to stone if caught by sunlight/daylight.

2b. Ewww… Jenna is such a troll!

2c. That troll kept hitting on Rick.

3a. I then got to troll for salmon. I caught one that was 65 inches long!

3b. He went trolling and picked up a 17-year-old boy recently at a gay club.

4. Hey, how's my computer able to speak in foreign languages?

5. Back in the 90's we used to troll at the raves.

6. I bought a 4-inch troll for my little sister on her birthday.