is it safe to try different brands of prenatal during pregnancy?

My doctor gave me 5 samples of prenatal to try each for 5 days and whichever i suited me the best she would prescribe it to me.Is it safe or should stick to the one i have been taking from 4 months

Best Answer

Yep! Its safe...find one that suits you and doesnt make you feel sick as some can.

My doctor did the same thing for me and i found the best to be the Primacare One vitamins. Two of the other brands made me sick and when i told him that he said thats why thye let you sample so you can find the one you liek the best. As long as you are taking some sort of vitamin and not going with out it will be okay. I hope this helps you.. Good luck!!

Its safe to try different ones, if you have been taking one for four months with no problem why did your doc give you different ones to try? I would stick with what works. My doctor gave me a sample to try but said generic ones are just as good and not as expensive

Yes its safe. I got diff samples too, trying to find one that would stay down & not leave a funny taste in my mouth like metal. Try them out & which ever suits you best !

My doc did me the same way. She told me to try all of them and which ever ones work, she would prescribe. I looked at the ingredients all they all have the same thing in them. Except some had stool softeners in them and some didnt.

• Mike A

yes, but give your body a day or two break. it is best to stick with what your ob has recommended.