Studying medicine in a India after high school?

I'm currently a senior in highschool who will be graduating this year. I wish to study medicine and I have recently been admitted to many universities/ colleges which offer pre-med as a major. I have also been admitted into a 7-year B.S/D.O program and although I received a scholarship for the undergraduate portion, the medical school tuition is unaffordable that I have been thinking of taking my degree in India. I have looked into the Manipal University which is offering a MBBS degree. I was planning on studying for the MBBS there and then doing my residency in the US. I would be gratefull if someone would help me in this matter withe their opinions. Is the MBBS an undergraduate degree or graduate? Is it worth studying abroad and then coming back to the US to do the residency or should I just stick to the B.S/D.O program?This is so nervewrecking especially since I have to decide within a month.. Sometimes I wonder wether it's all worth it and if I should just do nursing.. Thanks!

• Ajay D
    Favorite Answer

In India you can be admitted to medical college after completing 12 years of schooling.

Source(s): newspapers
  • ?

1

• Oracle

Undergraduate. Manipal is an excellent place for medicine. But from my personal experince I find americans find it easier in the eastern bloc countries. Fees are cheaper in the eastern bloc countries.