What Brand of LCD TV do you recommend???

Hi guys.

im planning on buying a new 37 " lcd... Just want a bit of advice on which brands to buy and not to buy... Was gonna get a samsung my friend says he hasnt heard the best reviews, even though they look pretty stylish..

What do you think?

Cheers

• Best Answer

i have an LG one and its awsome

• ?

When you ask a question like this you're going to get a load of different answers - many of them conflicting. Most people will automatically recommend their own favourite. Buy a copy of What Home Cinema magazine and read their reviews. Then you can make your mind up. Better still, go to a good shop (not Curry's Digital or Comet) and compare the sets on display. Then get an assistant to describe the features of each so that you can narrow down to the set which closest matches your requirements (most shop assistants in Curry's or Comet have the technical knowlege of a dormouse and will feed you 'duff gen'). I recommend a visit to your nearest branch of John Lewis for best unbiassed and well-informed advice. Their prices are competitive too.

I think the most reliable brands may not make the best in every model as they have their cheapies. I took back a Vizion and replaced it with an Element and to my surprise the off brand was more like eye candy.

• Chris

Best place to find out is on the WHICH web site, But generally they say panasonic or sony, Tesco is doing a cheapie at the moment but the picture isn't very good,

First L.G and SAMSUNG are S.korean and lg and samsung make over 8 out of ten lcd screens for the so called big brands such as sony,sharp,and more so i would say stick with them and save yourself dosh

Source(s): channel five gadget show about L.G

LG or Samsung - Everyone reviews Samsung as one of the best around, but I have always had LG's and have been so happy with them.

Sony, Samsung or Toshiba

We have a Toshiba, had it two years, been great and would buy another if needed. Also looks very stylish.

Well the best LCD TV on the market at the moment is the Sony Bravia.

Samsung make the 2nd best LCD TV.

These 2 brands are known for their quality and reliability which is why they are the best around.

Source(s): qualified tv tech - digital installation specialist
  • LouLou

we had a Sony and it broke down 3 times so we changed it to a Panasonic which we've had for 2 years now and not one problem!

Samsung is a superb make - also they manufacture parts for many of the other manufacturers.