B asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

why some people achieve their dreams?

why do some people achieve their dreams and others do not?

Favorite Answer

It is not where or under what circumstance that you enter this world that determines what you will be. It is a matter of dedication, perseverance, and sacrifice. Planning how to achieve your dream, keep at it and do not transgress from the course and understand that sacrifices will have to be made. Someone here said something about supporting ones family. The sacrifice would have been to not start a family until your dream has been realized. A rags to riches story is usually full of chapters of self discipline and sacrifice. How much you achieve is a direct product of how badly you want to achieve it. Luck is createed by prior planning. What you did yesterday will effect tomorrow. Sports teams that are bad and seem to have no luck is because they are no good, the good teams creat their luck by preparing all week for the game on Sunday. Michael Jordan wasn't lucky; he prepared and made himself good enough to achieve his dream. Muhammad Ali, Babe Ruth, Wayne Gretzky, Bill Gates, Ted Turner all prepared for the day they could achieve what they set out to accomplish.

The first important factor is to be fortunate enough to have a dream. Once the dream is conceived, the measures to achieve that dream can be taken and at every cost. It is desire then that leads the way...how much one desires to achieve that dream, determines whether it can be achieved, in addition to overcoming and refusing to be discouraged by any obstacles that may present themselves along the way.

If you truly believe that you can achieve a certain dream, then with confidence, success will follow. There must be No feelings of negativity or insecurity or even the idea of not succeeding...only the idea of victory in the horizon.

I have achieved one of my dreams - I now have a totally amazing girlfriend who I have been with for six months. I also am in the process of achieving one of my childhood dreams. When I was a teenager and into my early twenties I used to draw comic strips, and wanted to be a cartoonist. However, I stopped doing it. A few months ago, I started drawing comic strips again. I believe my work is a lot better than it was years ago. Soon, I am going to have enough of them to submit to a newspaper syndicate. There is enormous competition out there, and I realize my chances of getting published are slim. However, if I don't try, my chances will definitely be zero. Sometimes it is wise to take risks.

The ones that achieve a dream never seem to stop at that dream. They don't dream, they work at getting there.

A man went out to the vast and harsh world to look for his dream experienced so much to bare but in the end finds his dream.

While another man who stays asleep and dreams can never be achieved.

The people who achieve their dreams are driven. But that isn't always a good thing...sometimes people who achieve what they thought was their dream actually end up more unhappy than if they hadn't...because sometimes what we dream of coming true isn't what we actually need or want.

hard work, dedication, and most importantly, luck. Where you are born is a great determining factor of how successful you will be in life. While I know there are some extraordinary rags to riches stories but they are the exceptional case and that's the gist of it. Some people work hard but they can't pursue their dreams because they ahve a family to support

It depends on the person & how obtainable his/her dream is.

For example, my dream could be to own a brand new car one day. Its possible, with job....I can eventually save money towards the car or get an auto loan. Bingo ...Dream come true.

• small

Sincere and serious dreams are mostly fulfilled..... others remain wishful thinking and therefore are rarely achieved.

First of all they have the Desire to succeed. They see their success in their Minds Eye! They have a Devotion to their goal! They Dedicate their time and resources to accomplishing that goal and they have the Discipline to carry it through to completion